Ollie Gordon

emmitt01

50 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Idk why this board is obsessed with making “why didn’t we offer?!” posts any time a Texas kid has a great game. 

Maybe they don’t project him well to college? Staff has had a great eye for RB talent lately. Maybe the kid flat out told them don’t waste their time? Point is, you don’t know the situation so coming here to passive aggressively complain is getting old  

I watched him run THROUGH the defense of one of premier teams in Texas high school. If that doesn’t “project well to college” then I don’t know what the hell does.  

And perhaps we wouldn’t “passive aggressively” ask these questions if we didn’t see kids who are proven winners seemingly overlooked by our staff repeatedly.  

Or do you want to argue that what we are doing currently is working just fine?  

• Upvote 4
  • RV 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 3

9 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

This Is Fine GIF

When we have limited number of scholarships each year and we have a stud RS Freshman returning along with two other very good freshman and Siggers returning and Jackson coming on board while our defense is in a state of shambles, your concern is a RB from Trinity?

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

When we have limited number of scholarships each year and we have a stud RS Freshman returning along with two other very good freshman and Siggers returning and Jackson coming on board while our defense is in a state of shambles, your concern is a RB from Trinity?

No, my concern is a motherload of talent in our back yard that seems to never get attention from our staff.

A running back from Trinity is just the most recent example.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, MeanGreen22 said:

Idk why this board is obsessed with making “why didn’t we offer?!” posts any time a Texas kid has a great game. 

Maybe they don’t project him well to college? Staff has had a great eye for RB talent lately. Maybe the kid flat out told them don’t waste their time? Point is, you don’t know the situation so coming here to passive aggressively complain is getting old  

I guess these schools that would curb stomp us are wrong? Maybe he wants to stay close to home. I'm with Emmitt on this one. Its not complaining. Its common sense. Its okay to aim higher.

Screenshot_20201227-133055_Chrome.jpg

3 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

No, my concern is a motherload of talent in our back yard that seems to never get attention from our staff.

A running back from Trinity is just the most recent example.  

I am assuming that our coaching staff qualifies who they offer scholarship too, and if a player says he has no interest in North Texas then he doesn't get an offer. To say that we should offer a scholarship to every player on the DMN area top 100 seems silly. When I went thru fraternity rush at UNT in the early 60's their was one who made an offer to everyone who signed up for rush sight unseen. We don't want to be those guys.

• Upvote 1

Euless Trinity's junior running back Ollie Gordon had one of the best single game performances in Texas high school football history. The three-star tailback finished the night with 49 carries for 451 yards and six touchdowns in a 49-45 upset win over No. 12 Allen to advance to the 6A Division 1 quarterfinals. - CBS Sports

Ollie, who is class of 22, is now up to 10 offers reported in the past couple hours. I guess the performance that was so obvious to Emmitt on Friday night was also obvious to just about every P5 recruiter in the nation.

I think it would probably be a waste of resources pursuing him.

BYU

BYU
Offer:Yes
Edited by ADLER

1 hour ago, ADLER said:

Ollie, who is class of 22, is now up to 10 offers reported in the past couple hours. I guess the performance that was so obvious to Emmitt on Friday night was also obvious to just about every P5 recruiter in the nation.

I think it would probably be a waste of resources pursuing him.

BYU

BYU
Offer:Yes

He picked up a couple today but Emmitt said he only had 5 because he wasn’t viewing the complete list.

• Upvote 1