Late first half run proves costly as LSUA Generals fall to North Texas

Coach Andy Mac

“In the first half, we went blow-for-blow with them,” LSUA Men’s Basketball Coach Larry Cordaro said. “But at the end of the day, we didn’t score enough points. They are a well-oiled machine. They recruit well and they coach well, so it was nice for our guys to come in and see how they operate.”

read more:  https://www.kalb.com/2020/12/23/late-first-half-run-proves-costly-as-lsua-generals-fall-to-north-texas/

• Upvote 1

They could not miss to start the game, I admit I was little worried.   Our team just not look the same as last years team yet.   I don't know what it is but we just don't look as good.  I know we have a short OCC season but we don't look as sharp.  The other teams are getting a lot of open shots on us.   

Hoping all the pieces fall into place before CUSA play starts.   We won't sneak up anyone this year.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, southsideguy said:

They could not miss to start the game, I admit I was little worried.   Our team just not look the same as last years team yet.   I don't know what it is but we just don't look as good.  I know we have a short OCC season but we don't look as sharp.  The other teams are getting a lot of open shots on us.   

Hoping all the pieces fall into place before CUSA play starts.   We won't sneak up anyone this year.

The team has performed exactly as predicted.  Played tough away schedule and lost and played very easy home schedule and dominated.   

Losing Gibson doesn't help, but overall this is a much deeper team.  If you compare players lost with what NT has brought in, this should be a better team.   Losing Gibson and Geu replaced by Osmane, Lewis, Jones, and McBride; I think will prove to be a substantial improvement. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 2

LSUA shot the ball incredibly well, and played at a faster pace, their bench could not play at the same pace, and give UNT some credit they adjusted properly.  

As far as this years team vs last year;  shooting has not been as consistent, but I think the defense is slightly better.   

• Upvote 1

There were not a lot of us at the game but I saw something I have never seen in basketball game that I can recall.  LSU was throwing the ball under the their basket.   McBride was on the base line guarding the in bound pass.  I have seen many players block the ball or deflect the ball on the in bounds pass but McBride caught the in bound pass at the baseline.  The guy is like a cat and I am excited to seem develop.   It was a heck of play.

• Upvote 2

I hope Osmane stays with the program, he is a little raw but has a great upside.  I just noticed last game he does not like to be coached at by Mac.  He does what Gibson was doing ignoring and trying to walk away.   I notice Zac put his arm around him and talked to him while holding him in place.   I notice Mac even sat next to him during the game was talking to him.   He went back in the game and was not left on the bench.

Hate to lose a big guy.   

• Upvote 1