C-USA Bowl Scores

Just don't get the infatuation with CUSA's bowl record.  I could not care less.   I seem to recall people making comments about the Big XII having poor bowl results in years past and it never seems to hurt OU, etc...  it's just not that big of a deal in the bigger picture.  We need to take care of our own house before we start complaining about how our conference mates are performing.  As Plumm showed in an earlier post, these things are cyclical as CUSA had one of the best bowl records just a couple of years ago.  I want us to win, period.  

Considering the fan attitudes from NutsaCK and UL, I just can't cheer for NutsaCK.  I wish them failure always.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

7 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Just don't get the infatuation with CUSA's bowl record.  I could not care less.   I seem to recall people making comments about the Big XII having poor bowl results in years past and it never seems to hurt OU, etc...  it's just not that big of a deal in the bigger picture.  We need to take care of our own house before we start complaining about how our conference mates are performing.  As Plumm showed in an earlier post, these things are cyclical as CUSA had one of the best bowl records just a couple of years ago.  I want us to win, period.  

Considering the fan attitudes from NutsaCK and UL, I just can't cheer for NutsaCK.  I wish them failure always.

At this time...Guess being one of the worst football teams in possibly the worst division in the worst FB conference I should be happy.........only place to go is up.

• Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Everyone alway said how Frank Wilson could recruit, but sucked at the X's and O's. Taylor seems to be hitting all cylinders n the X's and O's

All I’ve heard is how well Littrell has recruited the past 3 years. Now about those X’s and O’s.....

I wonder what a good coach could do with all these supposed top recruiting classes....

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

UTSA will pass us by as SMU did.  The Seth era will be considered a real setback given the tremendous resources he was given.

SMU did not pass us by, they have been ahead of us. As for UTSA, when they hired Wilson many were saying they were going to pass us by. Time will tell.

Edited by El Paso Eagle
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

SMU did not pass us by, they have been ahead of us. As for UTSA, when they hired Wilson many were saying they were going to pass us by. Time will tell.

SMU was behind us, but once Dykes got his footing (and his P5 transfers), they have blown us away in the dust. We can’t even compete with them. As for UTSA, a good X’s and O’s Coach who gives defense even a modicum of interest has shown what can happen with talent. I doubt we will be anywhere near them this upcoming year. All I pray for in 2021 Is that we can somehow stay above Rice, UTEP, and the FCS spare. That’s my dream for all I expect for 2021—anything we would shock the hell out of me.

• Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Same. I don't give a damn about any schools in our conference, especially since any success for them is bragging rights over us. Those clowns also love to squeeze every bit of bragging out about any little thing their school does. 

Conference success = money. The computer ratings of the G5 leagues determines CFP distribution of money. 

Success influences the interest of casual viewers and TV interest  

A conference is an equity partnership. In the real world a partner failing to carry their weight eventually gets ousted. MWC exists because a group of partners in WAC got sick of the partners not carrying their weight. Big 8 was born of disgruntled Missouri Valley partners. SEC and ACC come from disgruntled Southern Conference partners. 

Boise got special revenue sharing to get them back in the partnership. Texas and OU to keep them. 

Always in a team’s best interest for partners to be successful outside of league play. 

• Thanks 5

10 hours ago, Arkstfan said:

Conference success = money. The computer ratings of the G5 leagues determines CFP distribution of money. 

Success influences the interest of casual viewers and TV interest  

A conference is an equity partnership. In the real world a partner failing to carry their weight eventually gets ousted. MWC exists because a group of partners in WAC got sick of the partners not carrying their weight. Big 8 was born of disgruntled Missouri Valley partners. SEC and ACC come from disgruntled Southern Conference partners. 

Boise got special revenue sharing to get them back in the partnership. Texas and OU to keep them. 

Always in a team’s best interest for partners to be successful outside of league play. 

Success piques the interest of the casual viewer and TV interest?  Don’t you need a commissioner that knows how to negotiate a deal to get her teams on outlets people watch?

You act like there is a system in place similar to professional soccer where teams are relegated up a down based on their performance. We all know that isn’t happening. The P5’s aren’t taking the same sized pie and dividing it into smaller pieces. 

I get that one is judged by the company they keep but it’s not like teams are moving every year. Was Coastal Carolina on anybody’s radar prior to this year?  When people bring up Boise’s success do they snicker behind close doors that they San Jose St shares the conference and until this year was pretty bad?  When NIU were National darlings were people stifling a laugh that they were part of a conference with Toledo?

Our first concern has to be us. 

• Upvote 1

When FS1 walked away what was the solution?

When the presidents said we don’t want Tuesday, Wednesday games nor stuck in an online backwater what was the solution. 

Commisdioner is most likely not your problem. The school presidents are the problem. 

Sun Belt took weeknight games and has been rewarded with quite a few late season ESPN family telecasts on Saturdays and not just in this Covid season. 

The Sun Belt deal was mocked for having schools producing games but I can see every men’s and women’s basketball conference game and most baseball and volleyball. 

Instead CUSA TV was the alternative and required schools to produce and your subscription fee got you no other content. I can watch NHL, MLB etc on ESPN+

But it was a point of pride to not play weeknights and not be on ESPN+ Since presidents balked at weeknights. That’s your partners not the figurehead 

• Upvote 3