Not the greatest football game...

ADLER

Very true. I think many of us, including me, took advantage of having 10 games of Mean Green football. Even though it wasn’t great, it was still something we love to watch.

Thanks to all for making this season happen, and for making it very interesting. Hopefully we NEVER have this experience again. GMG

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

I agree, hopefully there will never have to be another football year like this.

I though the effort was there in this game.   App St was a superior team.  They were aided by being in the Belt as strange as that sounds.   The Belt just played the games, while CUSA and others were ultra conservative related to the coronavirus.  

I looked but didn't find any mention of App ST players being held out of the game for virus reasons. That was an enormous edge. 

• Upvote 2

Just got back from Myrtle and I am glad I made the trip. After missing the NM Bowl, and a rough year, I was determined to follow our team to the finish line. Bowls are different. The pressure is off and you just get to enjoy the experience. No stress to get bowl eligible, to preserve a top 25 ranking...just don’t get curb stomped on national tv. Oops.  While the fans are chill Seth should feel the pressure. Our 2-6 record this century is no bueno.

Back to App State. They travel well. Boone is only 6 hours from Teal Nation and their fans were fun and passionate. I became an unofficial Scrappy mascot in the tailgate lot as many wanted to take a picture with a Mean Green fan. I took photos with Appy and Coastal fans, so it was all good and all social.  ASU Jeff mentioned that only 2,500 could get tickets for their home games, so he traveled to watch the Mountaineers on the road. We were so fortunate in Denton to be able to see so much football at home and an extra game to boot! 

I traveled solo but had to buy 2 tickets for entry. Met a local Coastal fan in the tailgate lot still buzzing from their program lifting win over BYU. He didn’t have a ticket so guess who got free beer all afternoon. Even converted him from teal to Mean Green for a few hours.

I learned a lot about the new SBC. It’s so different now. Appy State fans are spoiled and admit it openly having enjoyed sustained bowl and winning success over the past decade. I don’t think they respect Coastal and can’t stand their teal field. I feel they sting from a loss to Coastal just a few weeks ago, and they don’t seem pleased with their newfound success. I equate it to our annoyance and dislike of that bird to the south. I met another Coastal fan on the boardwalk who dj’s at a local bar and he showed me a video clip from the moment BYU fell a yard short. Coastal fans went wild and I am now extra eager to watch the upcoming Cure Bowl between Coastal and Liberty. Should be a solid battle.

Those four programs: Appy State, Coastal Carolina, Louisiana and Arkansas State don’t complain that they are in the SBC. They just support their team, travel well and seize opportunities to make a national splash. Any of these programs could be solid replacements if we have dropouts or departures in CUSA.

Fun time. Bought the cap. Ready to reload for next year. 

GMG

• Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 1