Where do we go from here?

Tom McKrackin

2 minutes ago, Tom McKrackin said:

I think we need to clean house.  Today was embarrassing.  We can do better than this!

Clean house. If Wren won't do it, clean out his office too.

Edited by Side Show Joe
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Problem is there is no money to clean house

Of course not. There are so many people in that athletic department living under 6 figured salaries and to cap it off an AD knows he's safe at a place like UNT if the HFB coach is insulated with a high salaried long term contract. Baker has us by the nads and I'm pretty sure he knows it. 

• Upvote 2
  • RV 2
  • Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Problem is there is no money to clean house

Not buying that excuse. The AD had money ready to send the basketball team to the Diamondhead Classic. The AD also paid to fly UTEP in, put them up in a hotel, and play at Apogee. Plus, buyouts are not paid all at once. And, the assistants work on one year contracts. Littrell could be gone tomorrow if our AD would do what is best for our program. If he won't hopefully our president and BOR will.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 2

2 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

Not buying that excuse. The AD had money ready to send the basketball team to the Diamondhead Classic. The AD also paid to fly UTEP in, put them up in a hotel, and play at Apogee. Plus, buyouts are not paid all at once. And, the assistants work on one year contracts. Littrell could be gone tomorrow if our AD would do what is best for our program. If he won't hopefully our president and BOR will.

I agree.....Money is not a problem with this program.....

Edited by TheColonyEagle
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I agree.....Money is not a problem with this program.....

Yes, money is an acute problem.  Did you not notice that very few people could attend games?  Ticket sales, parking, advertising are almost gone.  

NT is primarily funded by student fees, and I would guess that will be a big issue with the current high reliant on online learning.  

I have been surprised not to see much worst money saving measures enacted.   

Hopefully, sports will be back to near normal by next football season.  

• Upvote 2