Soul Searching Time for North Texas Football

TheReal_jayD

10 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

As we finish up year 5 of Seth Littrell as North Texas football. He will move to 0-4 in bowl games, no conference Championships, And the worst defense in the country. 

If its DC fault go out and hire a good DC. If its players fault get to the damn portal. You just got man handled by a damn sun belt team. hell maybe it is the strength and conditioning coach. Figure the shit out.

This is my take. We’re paying him too much to start over. Suck it up and figure this shit out. 

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Green Dozer said:

Seth had one foot out the door when he got here and didn’t really put his nose to the grindstone so to speak.  That “I won’t be here long” attitude has caught up with him.  

Absolutely this. 

At this point, I think he knows OC is in his future. So he bolsters offensive statistics so create resume bullet points. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 3

56 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Step Up - Adjust your schemes based on the players and stop thinking they will grow in to them

Agree with this 100%.   That type of logic screams inflexibility.   It is a coaches job to get the most out of his players and put them in the best possible position to succeed.

• Upvote 2

This team is sloppy in all 3 phases of the game and there is no accountability. Players are undisciplined, make basic football mistakes, and when things are clearly not working there are no adjustments being made anywhere. This is an unimaginative and unprepared football team and this is all on coaching. 

• Upvote 7

• Harry featured this topic
1 hour ago, TheReal_jayD said:

As we finish up year 5 of Seth Littrell as North Texas football. He will move to 0-4 in bowl games, no conference Championships, And the worst defense in the country. 

If its DC fault go out and hire a good DC. If its players fault get to the damn portal. You just got man handled by a damn sun belt team. hell maybe it is the strength and conditioning coach. Figure the shit out.

SL fired the OC and DC last year. He then hired a new DC who should be fired. Other changes are desperately needed. This team is consistently sloppy in all three phases of the game, and the head coach is responsible for that. Does anyone trust SL to make these decisions and figure it out?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Professor Lambeau said:

SL fired the OC and DC last year. He then hired a new DC who should be fired. Other changes are desperately needed. This team is consistently sloppy in all three phases of the game, and the head coach is responsible for that. Does anyone trust SL to make these decisions and figure it out?

Doubt he figures it out. We've been on an OC and DC carousel the entire time he's been here and each time, he's proven that he is unable to make the right decision. Almost feels like each of his hires is worse than the previous one. That doesn't bode well. 

• Upvote 2

It was “soul searching” time for Mean Green Football / Seth Littrell after we won 4 games last season with our greatest-ever QB!

He made a difficult decision to can a friend & brought in a home-run hire for the OL.   I was happy with the “soul searching” our offensive linemen went through!

Unfortunately, he brought in a D-coordinator that was worse than the previous one.

The net gain after last season’s “soul searching” was the exact same # of wins, including throttlings by SMU, LATech, & UTSA.

It’s not “soul searching” time, it’s nut-up time.    Just find a way to win.

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

He made a difficult decision to can a friend & brought in a home-run hire for the OL.   I was happy with the “soul searching” our offensive linemen went through!

This is absolutely correct.  Bloesch has been a home run hire indeed.  Need to do everything in our power to keep him.

37 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Doubt he figures it out. We've been on an OC and DC carousel the entire time he's been here and each time, he's proven that he is unable to make the right decision. Almost feels like each of his hires is worse than the previous one. That doesn't bode well. 

5 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

We fired the OC and DC last year. At this point what is left? Fire the DC again and have a 3rd DC in 3 years? I'd say we start over but im sure the pandemic being in effect will be a built in excuse. Either way, its put up or shut up time for Littrell. 

SL is often criticized for his coaching on this board. At some point, as the head coach and leader, his decision-making has to be questioned too. It is one thing to be questioned as a "bad" coach but that combined with poor decision-making as the leader is something completely different. I agree with your posts. I am very skeptical in his ability to make appropriate decisions to fix things going forward. An example: Bean gets hurt, Martin comes in for one play, throws a TD pass, and doesn't play again. I think that statement is correct. If so, there is really no reasonable rationale for that decision which seemed kind of an easy one to make, in my opinion.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

The strength and conditioning coach needs to be gone immediately. One of the slowest teams in the nation. And we’re CONSTANTLY getting injured. Clean house 

AND SMALL, Been small for 4 damn years now. NO DAMN EXCUSE. The whole staff should feel the heat, win next year or get the F out.

• Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Is there anyone he originally hired that's still here? 

12 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

AND SMALL, Been small for 4 damn years now. NO DAMN EXCUSE. The whole staff should feel the heat, win next year or get the F out.

A lot of teams like Smu and UH looked like SEC boys. Now you can’t teach height, but you sure can recruit it. We have such a small secondary. Good talent, but small