If Seth Littrell is back next season

TheColonyEagle

I think you hit on some key points and I agree 100%. As an organization, we can not hand out these large contracts with absolutely no contingency plans to find the money somewhere in the event the wheels completely fall off.

Yes Littrell has recruited better and the state of our program is light years ahead of where it was, and now we can thank SL while we open the door for him on the way out. Funny thing about improving facilities and recruitment is that it starts chipping away at the excuses SL can use.

Just now, emmitt01 said:

I was reading through your entire post, not once saying to myself "whooaa tap the brakes" until I got to this part. 

"We are entering Todd Dodge era level embarrassment here" 

That's a bridge too far sir.

ENTERING.....not there yet.

our defense certainly is though.....

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

ENTERING.....not there yet.

our defense certainly is though.....

Defense is definitely in the Todge universe.  Two straight years of unbelievably bad, undisciplined football.  

Whatever happened to Selfless, Tough, Disciplined.  We are none of those things today.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

How are we light years ahead of where we were when Littrell replaced Mac?  I seem to remember we did win a bowl game under Mac. Yes we had Mason Fine, but Littrell never put a strong cast around him.  Littrell has not won one game when there was something on the line or a trophy was involved.

Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I agree. If Wren won't get Littrell out of here, than he needs to go too. Littrell has now gone 33 straight games without beating a winning program. Our defense is the worst I've seen since Mendoza, and Littrell hired the guy. Why he thought a DC from Kansas could build us a winner is beyond me. I'm ready to fire everyone. This garbage must stop.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 3

24 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Not only should his seat obviously be scorching hot....Wren Baker's should be too.

He runs this athletic department and the most important part of it is in absolute shambles. I don't want to hear about the buildings and how good soccer and basketball are. If your football program is a joke then none of the rest matters. Donors and $$ will absolutely vanish if this garbage continues. I'm sure they already have. Anyone excited about writing a check for (MG Club or season tickets) next year?

This is now finding its way onto Wren Baker's door step if he doesn't do something about this joke of a football coach.

Seth Littrell needs to be gone. Period. He's had 5 years. There is nothing in his time here that shows that Littrell can turn this around. What good are highly rated recruiting classes (that are absolutely unproven to this point) if you can't coach them. And if Baker can't address this then he needs to be gone too.

My God, our coaching staff was whining to the broadcasters about Covid and injuries before the game. Pathetic.

I didn't expect to win this game....but can we just ONCE...one time....not get absolutely dismantled in these games? Death, Taxes and Littrell choking in big games. Automatic. We are entering Todd Dodge era level embarrassment here.....except it's costing us millions more.

Time for the AD to put his big boy pants on and address this. He'll scold fans on twitter for being bad fans....time to put his money where his mouth is...

I know you’re frustrated and I am assuming you’ve been around the program for a while now. This is the normal thing we do here. SL isn’t getting fired anytime soon and absolutely zero is the chance that Wren Baker will get fired.

Look, at North Texas, you have exactly two choices as a fan. Accept this and keep following because they are your team...or walk away like the other 98% of UNT alumni do. Sadly, that’s the only choice you’ll get here, at least from my perspective—I’ve only been following since 1990, though.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, untjim1995 said:

I know you’re frustrated and I am assuming you’ve been around the program for a while now. This is the normal thing we do here. SL isn’t getting fired anytime soon and absolutely zero is the chance that Wren Baker will get fired.

Look, at North Texas, you have exactly two choices as a fan. Accept this and keep following because they are your team...or walk away like the other 98% of UNT alumni do. Sadly, that’s the only choice you’ll get here, at least from my perspective—I’ve only been following since 1990, though.

Sadly, this is spot on. At end of the day decisions for UNT football are made by people you do not care or support UNT football. I graduated in 1986 and I am pretty much the only one in the group I went to school with that still follows UNT sports at all. They all follow other teams now.

• Upvote 2

He will be back. The primary reasons that is defensible are clear improvement in recruiting and that finances for a buyout are likely not available in a pandemic year that ate a lot of revenue. Given the influx of talent, if he can find a decent DC he might actually have a pretty good season at some point. Whether we are talking good enough to win any silverware is another discussion.

The fact that it is so expensive however has a lot to do with making him the top paid coach in C-USA when he never won a trophy and then upping him when he still didn't win a trophy.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Just now, untjim1995 said:

The sad thing is...I'm not really frustrated. I do want them to do well and I think the pieces are in place for our program to blossom...but today was absolutely expected. Because Seth Littrell has a 100% track record in these games.

Not sure what your definition of "walk away" is. If it's buy season tickets and donate....I walked away several years ago. I'm not blindly giving this joke of a program any more money. They have enough to win. They just need to do a better job.

I know he's put on a pedestal here but if the guy in charge (the athletic director) can't get our football team turned around....then what good is he?

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

The sad thing is...I'm not really frustrated. I do want them to do well and I think the pieces are in place for our program to blossom...but today was absolutely expected. Because Seth Littrell has a 100% track record in these games.

Not sure what your definition of "walk away" is. If it's buy season tickets and donate....I walked away several years ago. I'm not blindly giving this joke of a program any more money. They have enough to win. They just need to do a better job.

I know he's put on a pedestal here but if the guy in charge (the athletic director) can't get our football team turned around....then what good is he?

So you stopped donating and buying season tickets years ago? Then I’d say you’ve already walked away...

Edited by untjim1995
  • Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

The fact that this type of embarrassment is tolerated is the exact reason why so many of our 300,000 alums walk away from this program. My hope is that our university leadership will make the tough call and move this program in a new direction. If not, than I guess we will continue in the cycle of losing our fan base. It really is up to the university leadership which way we go.

• Lovely Take 1

7 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

I am def not a blind WB fan. I think his contract making is akin on conflict of interest infringement. But he did improve the basketball program, and quite a number of other programs  are also improved or keep being conference championship contenders.

He just seems to not be very good at tackling failed coaches head on. Happened with benford. Happened with softball coach who kept running off players and already had a rep for player mistreatment. That said, I do not know if SL is a failed coach. What he definitely is however, is an overpaid one.

Edited by outoftown
  • Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Downvote 3

Wren has to look at what’s happening and do something. I love what WB has done here, but he has made some fatal moves. 
Giving Seth the power when he doesn’t even deserve it?? Ridiculous.

But yes we will see Seth next year unless donors come together and help with the buyout. Sadly that won’t happen. Would love to see a new culture here because right now it sucks. It took a player nearly getting concussed to get fired up. Took a WHOLE DAMN SEASON.

Just ridiculous 

1 minute ago, outoftown said:

I am def not a blind WB fan. I think his contract making is akin on conflict of interest infringement. But he did improve the basketball program, and quite a number of other programs  are also improved or keep being conference championship contenders.

He just seems to not be very good at tackling failed coaches head on. That said, I do not know if SL is a failed coach. What he definitely is however, is an overpaid one.

Seriously? You have doubts?

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1