Kason Martin

MeanGreen_MBA

7 minutes ago, Texas Stranger said:

Is he still engaged to one of the volleyball players?  If so, probably not leaving.

Players actually do it a lot. AJ McCarron played for Alabama and his GF at the time went to Auburn. There are numerous examples of people being engaged and going to different schools. It is entirely possible he transfers for more playing time and after what we saw today, I wouldn't blame him. 

3 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Players actually do it a lot. AJ McCarron played for Alabama and his GF at the time went to Auburn. There are numerous examples of people being engaged and going to different schools. It is entirely possible he transfers for more playing time and after what we saw today, I wouldn't blame him. 

Brent, that you?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

19 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Bean is not a QB!!! 

Has the worst awareness I’ve seen from a QB. So many open players not hit, so many throws that made no sense, so many runs that almost resulted in being in a wheelchair and/or memory loss, and just taking too much time to do things. I don’t know how good Aune would’ve played, but I would think better than Bean’s performance today.

Im hoping Gilmore, or Bryce really ball out in the spring and summer.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I think Kason is a hell of a locker room guy and he steps up when he has an opportunity.  I have the utmost respect for people who are underestimated.  That said, he’s not the long term answer and to be honest just by observing the way he carries himself I think he knows that. I think he wants to be a team guy and he puts his energy into motivating his brothers.  Either way, super proud of him for his TD pass today and root for him anytime he has an opportunity.  

• Upvote 5

On 12/21/2020 at 8:54 PM, tmjerm said:

I think Kason is a hell of a locker room guy and he steps up when he has an opportunity.  I have the utmost respect for people who are underestimated.  That said, he’s not the long term answer and to be honest just by observing the way he carries himself I think he knows that. I think he wants to be a team guy and he puts his energy into motivating his brothers.  Either way, super proud of him for his TD pass today and root for him anytime he has an opportunity.  

He’s Tim Tebow. Lead a hell of a season in HS losing the state championship game. Comes in and is ready and is a winner. Doesn’t show well in practice, but can win games because he’s a winner. I’d like to see him play more. He might have that Broncos playoff magic like Tebow did, and then have a Peyton Manning (Bryce Drummond?) come in and take the job from him. 

• Upvote 4

Apparently to some, one is too active and the other looks disinterested.  I don't care how Bean or Martin look on the sideline.   

Martin has looked good based on the few plays he has had.  Why not give him more opportunities.  It is not like NT has been in a lot of close games. 

The coaching staff has a year to sort this out and find a number 1 QB.  Bean and Aune will have an experience edge, but it still looks wide open. 

Bean and Aune are good athletes, if it is decided they are not the answer at QB; find another role for them.  I could see Aune on the defensive side of the ball and Bean as a wide receiver.  They may transfer if not QB, but it is worth a try. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Mean Green 93-98 said:

Honestly, I just don't see the QB position as a major problem.  Given game reps and experience, we have multiple QBs who could lead UNT to compete for conference championships.  But NO QB is going to be able to do that if we keep giving up over 40 points per game.

Yes the defense is 99 percent of the problem.

• Upvote 1