Halftime score 2018 NM Bowl
Utah St 38 UNT 7
Halftime score 2020 Myrtle Beach Bowl 
App St 35 UNT 14

Granted the 2 long runs were unacceptable, but that 2018 pain still hurts

3 long runs

Too late to change my vote?

• Haha 3

I thought we belonged on the field at the NN Bowl.  

I think we belonged on the field against Army at the Heart of Dallas Bowl and the score bore that our.

We we’re out of our element at New Mexico and today.  

Everybody has injuries and everybody dealt with COVID.  We just didn’t do it as well as others.

However, even with a terrible showing, any bowl is better than staying home.  

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 1

4 hours ago, Udomann said:

Utah was a force to be reckoned with that year. We knew it going in.

Troy should have been a good match. Instead they put skidmarks on our program and we can't bleach them out

Absolutely.

We just got finished playing for a conference championship & Troy was very similar to us.   We got stomped by those guys & had a fully-healthy team.  That was a shocking, terrible loss.

UTSt was ranked with a NFL 1st round QB at the helm.  Our best receiver was out that game & Fine went down after tying the game early (yes, he wound up coming back in, but only made things worse hobbling around out there).

Army game had us rolling in with a losing record.  We had no expectations playing with house money (yes, I know we beat them earlier that season).

This one, we all knew what was coming...  NT had no business playing in this game to begin with, especially after Darden declared & we lost Aune, Torrey & Simpson to COVID quarantine.

Back to the thread subject, for me, it’s Troy & it’s not even close.

• Upvote 4

I expected us to lose today.   My hope was to keep it close.    

I just cannot get over giving up 5 runs over 60 yards (1 called back by dumb Appy penalty).     Take out those ridiculous and unnecessary runs and this game is at least a more respectable loss and more of what I expected.    I am still shaking my head in complete disbelief.     

I may have been surprised and disappointed by the other two bad bowl losses.   But, this one just makes me angry because of the inability to stop all those long runs.    That last run just before half is especially shocking.    Appy had just ripped off a long TD run on the previous drive and you let it happen again with 22 seconds left ?   Somebody should have been able to stop that run before they got into the end zone.   Unbelievable.

• Upvote 2

This game should not even be considered as we had absolutely no right to be playing in anything called a bowl game this year. Our wins were HBU, MUTS, Rice, and UTEP. That ain’t exactly murdered row.

Appy State was 8-3, with losses to Coastal Carolina, ULL, and Marshall, all of whom were ranked at various times. That was a bowl team.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

15 hours ago, GreenN'walinsVet said:

Troy and it ain’t close

army was an OT game with backup qb

fine down early in Albuquerque 

lots of injuries and playing a better team in app state

This list looks like the Littrell excuse mentally.  Should be next man up, no excuses. Although “next man up” is also something we here Littrell say.  Hmmm.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

I am not sure why anyone would compare this bowl game with any other.

First, NT was not a good team and did not earn a bowl.  App St. was just the opposite, an 8-3 club determined to prove something. 

Second, the disruption of the virus was an overwhelming factor.  No ,it did not affect all teams the same; that is ridiculous.   NT played without its starting QB, the number 1 and 2 running backs (this hurt depth but I actually think NT's best backs played; Adaway and Siggers, most of the receiving corp and several defensive starters.  App ST was far less affected. 

NT traveled to the East Coast, while App St was very close to home.

NT effort was good under the circumstances, this Bowl was a mismatch from the beginning and only got more lopsided as NT lost players. 

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

It's got to be the NM Bowl.  It was a harder bowl for more people to get to as opposed to the NO Bowls.  There is more to do around town aside from the game.  We had a 9 win season.  Utah St only had 3 interim coaches.  And Seth spend the time between the end of the season and the bowl game playing jerk fest with Kansas St.

• Upvote 1