Former UNT players speaking out

meangreen11

18 hours ago, meangreen11 said:

Skladany does have a book or DC could read how to stop the spread.  I guess we could buy a couple of copies and send over to coaching staff to read in the off season.  Maybe they could have Skladany come give a seminar with charts and power point presentation.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Texas Stranger said:

They won a bowl game.  Last ones to do so.

They absolutely deserve all the praise for that season, but they sure do get a lot of leeway for that singular year. I guess we forget how bleh all the other ones were. 

I also think there is some strong recency bias showing right now. People are forgetting how bad 2015 was. I had never felt as low being a fan of ANY team as I did after Portland State. This year (and last) doesn’t even compare. 

Edited by MeanGreen22
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

They absolutely deserve all the praise for that season, but they sure do get a lot of leeway for that singular year. I guess we forget how bleh all the other ones were. 

I also think there is some strong recency bias showing right now. People are forgetting how bad 2015 was. I had never felt as low being a fan of ANY team as I did after Portland State. This year (and last) doesn’t even compare. 

#OldDenton where 42-65 puts you in the HOF

Did the game suck? yes.

Is it a good look for former players to pile it on? No.

I'm sure recruits will end up seeing these

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/22/2020 at 2:16 PM, UNT18Grad said:

Nothing but love for our former players, but they sure have a lot of talking to do for guys who didn't accomplish much.  

Many of them accomplished one hell of lot more with less of everything than these current players and coaches.

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

Many of them accomllished one hell of lot more with less of everything than these current players and coaches.

It's not like other programs have not improved their facilities and added resources. Just seems like some of the ones calling out have axes to grind. 

• Upvote 1