Fire The D Coordinator Today

UNTexas

15 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

Yup. LOL in college football it is just in one big video bank I believe so you can watch anyone's at anytime.  At least by conference for sure, but I think they can also access other conferences as well.  Playing a team like that you have to bring a 4th "Rusher" even if it is an OLB blitzing off the edge something to  help offset the fact that the TE creates an extra gap.  We will see where we go from here, but I am all about 4 DL with their hands in the dirt unless you're going to be willing to blitz 1 LB, preferably the OLB, everytime to create a 4th rusher. 

I agree. But did you see how badly our guys were getting manhandled? Especially the second half. It was like men against boys. 

Sad.

That is exactly what that offense is designed to do, wear you down to the point where you can be completely physically dominated.   When your offense aint doing much but a first down and a punt then its tough to every recover and be ready to go out there and have 1/2 320 pound dudes lean on you and maul you.  We absolutely need to get bigger, faster, and stronger but that means they gotta let the S&C staff do their job and push these guys to the max. 

• Upvote 3

On 12/23/2020 at 8:22 PM, untbowler said:

Bowen will be coming back, SL is loyal to friends/buddies to his own detriment

Of course I hope I am wrong.

I am NOT endorsing Bowen.

but would you be ok if he stays and transitions the defense to a four man front (which I think is his style) in the off season? 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 2

21 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

but would you be ok if he stays and transitions the defense to a four man front (which I think is his style) in the off season? 

Hell no I would not be okay with it. He never adjusted. I get he has a base defense that he wants to play, but good coaches adjust to what the offense is doing to you. There is no way I would have let App State run that same play three times to the left and then once to the right for the same result. They would have had to beat me throwing the football before I would have let that guy set a new bowl record on me for rushing yards.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

I know you aren’t talking to me, but if he could just change the scheme or do something that makes the defense allow less than 7 yards a play, I would be fine. I doubt that happens, but we’ll see.

• Downvote 1

Maybe Bowen was a person to cover the gap for a year. Maybe he called SL and needed a nice one year paycheck and SL was just helping out a friend. Maybe they agreed to a one year deal and he will be gone on his own. Maybe SL will hire the real DC this year. Okay. I better never drink beer this early in the morning again. Haha.

• Eye Roll 2

https://dentonrc.com/rsssports/brett-vito-app-state-running-back-peoples-postgame-comment-points-to-unts-issues-defensively/article_6489f98f-b069-5253-b1d3-56d65a05abba.html

Some of my favorite quotes.....

“After we watched film, we knew that we were going to have a good chance to run the ball,” Peoples said.

“First and foremost, you have to put it on coaches,” Littrell said. “It’s my job as the head coach to make sure these guys are in the best position to be successful. From there, it’s up to people to do their jobs.”

Littrell dumped Troy Reffett as his coordinator after UNT allowed 32.5 points per game in 2019 and brought on Clint Bowen to be a part of the solution.

The Mean Green weren’t any better this year than they were last year.

Is it the scheme? A lack of talent?

Those are the questions Littrell is paid $1.8 million per season to answer.

“We have to do a better job overall,” Littrell said. “I look forward to the offseason.”

I wonder how many of you out there in Mean Green land, who are either supervisors of a department, or are owners of a business, would accept these comments/explanations from an employee who is underperforming as much as SL has been regarding the bottom line......Conference championships/Bowl wins. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Eye Roll 2

21 hours ago, SilverEagle said:

https://dentonrc.com/rsssports/brett-vito-app-state-running-back-peoples-postgame-comment-points-to-unts-issues-defensively/article_6489f98f-b069-5253-b1d3-56d65a05abba.html

Some of my favorite quotes.....

I wonder how many of you out there in Mean Green land, who are either supervisors of a department, or are owners of a business, would accept these comments/explanations from an employee who is underperforming as much as SL has been regarding the bottom line......Conference championships/Bowl wins. 

I’ve seen people on here say “how is this on the coaching”, but then Seth and the OPPOSING team basically say it’s coaching.

I don’t take a lot from what Seth says because most of the time it’s repeated and full of BS that never happens the next week, but at least he’s being honest and not sweeping the fact that they are just not that good.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I’ve seen people on here say “how is this on the coaching”, but then Seth and the OPPOSING team basically say it’s coaching.

I don’t take a lot from what Seth says because most of the time it’s repeated and full of BS that never happens the next week, but at least he’s being honest and not sweeping the fact that they are just not that good.

Amongst the guys that I used to hang out with, when we encountered BS that was basically re-run-coach-speak BS, we used to say "That's some pretty lame BS". Even when we knew it was BS, we always gave extra points to creativity. 

We don't even get that for the 1.8 mil.  Just quotes from "Captain Obvious"

Yet another reason that I miss Hayden Fry.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 3
  • Downvote 1

22 hours ago, Withers940 said:

If he's not gone by now, He's not getting fired or let go. If he was going to be fired, he would be gone right after the bowl game. There is no reason for him to stick around for another month if he was going to be fired.

Why? They’re all on vacation until after the 1st

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

Yeah, I could see waiting until after the Christmas and New Year holiday to fire coaches... unless there are bonuses for still being employed by the university in 2021.

B.S.  If Seth is serious, he should have fired him via text at 11pm Christmas Eve. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3