***OFFICIAL UNT VS. APPY STATE BEACH BOWL IN-GAME DISCUSSION***

Harry

10 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Bob Tyler &  Dennis Parker were not the favorites of many. 

Trust me, this too shall pass—it always does. 

GMG!

For what a couple of months? 503 total yards for North Texas and only 28 points. I remember when people on the forum said this would be a great recruiting pitch, what we didn’t know or we would be giving up 600+ on the reg  😂

Edited by Salsa_Verde

13 minutes ago, RBP79 said:

So is anyone surprised? I mean when this was announced I said, as others did, ass whoopin coming. Then Darden drops out..find out AA ain't playin..we weren't gonna get a break. 

I expected to loose badly.   But, I never expected to see the defense gashed on all those long runs like that.    IMO, that is a scheme problem when it happens over and over like that.    All of them were right up the gut.

• Upvote 3

I recorded the game and just finished watching the first half - 28-14...we've still got a chance.  I looked up #52 on rivals to confirm he is the OK State transfer and accidentally saw the final.  🤢🤢🤮🤮

I may watch the 2nd half sometime next week, when I'm 1/2 drunk, no one else is home and there's nothing else to watch.  But, I have much better things to do with time right now.

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Side Show Joe said:

It is one thing to get beat badly. It is entirely something else to get beat giving up multiple 1 play drives of over 60 yards for touchdowns. No program should allow that. Littrell has to answer for it. If Wren doesn't address it he will lose even more of this fan base. What we are being feed is crap!

Agreed. It is almost as if SL and WB are a couple of Oklahoma boys that are fleecing North Texas for as much money as they can while the gettin is good. The President and BOR need to step in make some tough decisions. They need to put some heat on WB and SL. Scratch that. They need to put volcanic fire underneath both of them. Bowen should be gone and SL should not have a say in it. Hell the majority of the defensive staff needs to go. Running backs and O-Line may be the only spots that may have some upside. I would definitely keep PC because his running backs do as much as they can. We need to hire coaches who actually care about North Texas like he does, but can also recruit.

• Upvote 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 3

1 minute ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Crazy how the greatest QB in North Texas history wouldn’t have done a bit of difference. 

what are we doing?! 

Seth's teams are like the Gofer who can kill the drives, sometimes hit a wedge, but can't put for crap. Potential seems to be there if only a couple of things change, but in the end you get the same result. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Udomann said:

Used to be a Seth, fan, that died last year.

Used to be a Wren fan, but that is dying this year. We need to hear ANYTHING from the department on how this is going to be fixed. Is UNT really where careers go to die??

1 hour ago, untbowler said:

I am thinking some of SL's friends on the BOR have Wren muzzled

1 hour ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

At minimum, he needs to come out of hiding. His quietness is despicable. Be the LEADER of the athletic program and address your constituents, boosters, students, alum, etc. Or keep doing what he's doing which is just, not to imply for sure this is what he's doing, hiding. 

Yes you all have to be right.   It is absolutely common and expected for the AD to come out and publically trash his programs and the coaches he has working for him.   That should really make hiring their replacements easier.  

Not an one of you have any remote idea of what Baker is doing or will do.  Neither do I, but I can guarantee you; he is not going to make it public until a change is made.     

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Bob Tyler &  Dennis Parker were not the favorites of many. 

Trust me, this too shall pass—it always does. 

GMG!

@PlummMeanGreenMaybe it's time we stop getting over it. Improved facilities and highers salaries deserve and demand better. There are many other G5 programs doing it right. So as you often say, "Why Not North Texas" 😇

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Not an one of you have any remote idea of what Baker is doing or will do.  Neither do I, but I can guarantee you; he is not going to make it public until a change is made.     

Yeah, uh...that was the entire point? He's been absent. Silent. Nothing changing... so, do we just keep doing that or do we maybe, I dunno, bring it up?

• Upvote 1

Bean had one turnover and an otherwise decent game against a real defense. He played through injury and kept just coming back. You guys just want to be mad for the be sake of being mad.

He had plenty of balls dropped.. no one is going to say he threw perfectly, but he has some zip in the ball when needed and hit it deep in stride...

There's no need to personally insult the guy. It's over the line.

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

The thing is, we’re all passionate about UNT football.  We don’t want to look like hayseeds when we’re around our TCU, Tech, UH, SMU, etc. friends.

How passionate? Enough to where 99.9% of us will be back with this program come Spring football.

Todays game was a reminder of what kind of recruits we desperately need to get thru the portal, JUCO’s or HS.  That reminder came at the expense of another embarrassment by a school we’d never played & we felt bad about getting schooled by them.

The ESPN broadcasters kept reminding all who were watching how many of our key players (& one All American receiver)  were missing in action, but that was not enough for most of us so......  I punt on 3’rd down.

See yall at Spring Football (however that plays out with Covid-19).

🦅❇️🦅GMG

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Downvote 1