***OFFICIAL UNT VS. APPY STATE BEACH BOWL IN-GAME DISCUSSION***

Harry

10 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

If potential recruits think a teams uni’ & helmets are important (& I’ve read they do)  why is UNT stuck on the stick figure “N T” helmet?  That helmet doesn’t represent most of those who attend our home games & I’d bet not that many on this forum anymore.  Maybe I’m wrong, but don’t we need to move on from some of our past?  (Change my mind, oldtimers). 😊

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/9523357/college-football-recruiting-uniforms-selling-point-schools

GMG!

Well, Jim, if you are not an oldtimer you should be getting close.  But, as a 1957 graduate (originally Class of '52) I believe that I qualify.  Four years in the Navy and a change of majors account for the five year gap.

I have to agree that the tall, skinny NT is probably my least favorite helmet design.  I didn't even like it in the Joe Greene era but at least the jerseys and pants were more of that era and it seemed to fit to some degree.  It's not that I don't like the superimposed 'NT' it's just that it doesn't go with that style helmet.  I do like superimposed 'NTs'...for example the alumni association and the Rod Rust era circular look good to me.  I'm not overwhelmed with the diving eagle but it's as good as we have for now.  And let's not do the throwback every game.  Maybe homecoming but that should be all.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

If potential recruits think a teams uni’ & helmets are important (& I’ve read they do)  why is UNT stuck on the stick figure “N T” helmet?  That helmet doesn’t represent most of those who attend our home games & I’d bet not that many on this forum anymore.  Maybe I’m wrong, but don’t we need to move on from some of our past?  (Change my mind, oldtimers). 😊

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/recruiting/football/story/_/id/9523357/college-football-recruiting-uniforms-selling-point-schools

GMG!

Best uniforms of the season were the SMU game unis.  Need to see those more IMHO.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1