Myrtle Beach Bowl Predictions

Philip Ferguson

https://freepicks.picksandparlays.net/more-free-picks/college-football-picks/app-state-vs-north-texas-122120-college-football-picks-and-predictions

Free NCAAF Pick:

Appalachian State has been one of the most successful programs in the Sun Belt Conference, but have had three head coaches in the last three seasons. North Texas has the offense to keep things interesting. Take the Mean Green to cover in the Myrtle Beach Bowl. Final Score Prediction, Appalachian State Mountaineers win but don't cover ATS 38-28.

• Sad 1

https://winnersandwhiners.com/games/ncaaf/12-21-2020/north-texas-vs-appalachian-state-prediction-1545/

The Mountaineers are accustomed to winning big games. Appalachian State had won the past four Sun Belt crowns entering the season and the Mountaineers are a perfect 5-0 in bowl games during their FBS history. App State will also have the advantage in terms of travel for this game, which will be played at Coastal Carolina’s home stadium. North Texas doesn’t have any impressive wins on its resume, as all four of its victories came against teams with losing records. The Mean Green also struggle to stop the run, which is going to be bad news against one of the best rushing attacks in all of college football. App State ranks ninth in the nation with 243.8 yards per game on the ground, so Peoples should have a big bowl game here. Take the Mountaineers to cover the spread in the Myrtle Beach Bowl on Monday evening.

Prediction: Appalachian State Mountaineers
  • Sad 1

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/news/ncaaf/2020-myrtle-beach-bowl-north-texas-app-state-picks-odds/

The Verdict

Both of these programs were atrocious against the spread this season, combining to go 6-14. The under was very profitable in Appalachian State games (7-4), and I’m not convinced Mean Green is going to be able to put up a ton of points.

North Texas may have averaged 35.1 points per outing, but they were held below 28 on three separate occasions. Each of those games were against inferior defenses than what they’ll face on Monday, and if the Mountaineers can limit Darden, it could be a long afternoon for the Mean Green offense.

Pick: Under 62.5 (-110)

https://statsalt.com/games/ncaaf/12-21-2020/north-texas-vs-appalachian-state-prediction-962/?utm_source=pickpapa&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=single-game-page

This isn't the best Appalachian State team we've seen in the past few years, but it's still good enough to thoroughly handle a North Texas squad that is severely hampered by one of the worst defenses in college football. Each of the last three seasons have finished with Appalachian State winning its bowl game by at least two touchdowns including scorelines of 34-0 and 45-13, and the Mountaineers are poised to blow out another overmatched opponent.

1 hour ago, Philip Ferguson said:

https://www.sportsbettingdime.com/news/ncaaf/2020-myrtle-beach-bowl-north-texas-app-state-picks-odds/

The Verdict

Both of these programs were atrocious against the spread this season, combining to go 6-14. The under was very profitable in Appalachian State games (7-4), and I’m not convinced Mean Green is going to be able to put up a ton of points.

North Texas may have averaged 35.1 points per outing, but they were held below 28 on three separate occasions. Each of those games were against inferior defenses than what they’ll face on Monday, and if the Mountaineers can limit Darden, it could be a long afternoon for the Mean Green offense.

Pick: Under 62.5 (-110)

Bet they limit Darden.   Nothing like taking betting advice from someone that doesn’t take the time to thoroughly research the teams. 

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

I think the Myrtle Beach Bowl will mostly tell Coach Littrell, his assistants & we the fans where we are with our rebuilding program & like it or not that’s what this football season has been.  The best part of this Fall IMO just happened on National Signing Day (& Littrell ain’t thru yet). 

At the end of any football season (even this weird one) Freshmen are really no longer Freshmen so today on ESPN we can see how the youth movement of this team is going even in a short season.  There are things MG fans can do today to make this game interesting to watch “what ere’ the score.”  I am going to focus on the Murphy twins today. 

•••A STOLEN SIMPLE IDEA FROM URBAN MEYER FOR ANY COLLEGE FB PLAYER TO FOLLOW—I love Urban Meyers theory of each player going all out on each play from 4 to 6 seconds.  That is, 4 to 6 seconds, point A to point B, all players doing the same thing, going as hard as they can. 

Urban Meyers players were not allowed to not buy into the 4 to 6 seconds M.O.  With his teams, it was not an option. It was the way things were going to be. 

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

https://sportschatplace.com/cfb-picks/2020/12/21/myrtle-beach-bowl-picks-north-texas-vs-appalachian-state-12-21-20-college-football-picks-odds-predictions?fbclid=IwAR0-DH2Vb2j0NaBNQxsttPJh8-Exb5fSgUSWegrL5GUZ92EcYRna3_ViGXA

The North Texas Mean Green played their best football down the stretch, which includes a shootout win over UTEP, and while they're one of the worst defensive teams in CFB, they are top-10 in total yards and a top-25 team in points per game. North Texas should also have motivation on its side given it hasn't won a bowl game in seven years. This has the feel of a shootout and a game that could be decided in the fourth quarter. I want the points.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

I think the Myrtle Beach Bowl will mostly tell Coach Littrell, his assistants & we the fans where we are with our rebuilding program & like it or not that’s what this football season has been.  The best part of this Fall IMO just happened on National Signing Day (& Littrell ain’t thru yet). 

At the end of any football season (even this weird one) Freshmen are really no longer Freshmen so today on ESPN we can see how the youth movement of this team is going even in a short season.  There are things MG fans can do today to make this game interesting to watch “what ere’ the score.”  I am going to focus on the Murphy twins today. 

I love Urban Meyers theory of each player going all out on each play from 4 to 6 seconds.  That is, 4 to 6 seconds, point A to point B, all players doing the same thing, going as hard as they can. 

Urban Meyers players were not allowed to not buy into the 4 to 6 seconds M.O.  With his teams, it was not an option. It was the way things were going to be. 

GMG!

Even if we get our asses kicked, this is why it was important to play a bowl game. We have a youth movement going on and any big game experience for guys like the Murphy twins, for example, is extremely valuable. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ASU_Jeff said:

Wanted to pop in and say good luck today. Hoping for a good competitive game with no injuries.  

Say hi if you see us.😳  My son and I will be wearing black and gold bibs and he will be carrying a plastic black and gold Christmas penguin.

Good luck to you guys as well. Feel free to stick around after the bowl game is over. I've liked your different perspective on things. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 1