UAB are the 2020 C-USA Champs

UNT 90 Grad

Seth Littrell's first season as our head coach was 2016. UAB restarted their football program after two years of nothing in 2017. 

Since then, they have two conference championships and a bowl win (with another obviously possible in the next few weeks). We have zero of either. 

UAB head coach Bill Clark will get a raise to $1.15 Million in 2022. Seth Littrell made almost $700,000 more than that this past season. 

13 minutes ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Seth Littrell's first season as our head coach was 2016. UAB restarted their football program after two years of nothing in 2017. 

Since then, they have two conference championships and a bowl win (with another obviously possible in the next few weeks). We have zero of either. 

UAB head coach Bill Clark will get a raise to $1.15 Million in 2022. Seth Littrell made almost $700,000 more than that this past season. 

I want to believe in Seth and the future, but idk man it’s getting smaller and smaller each year.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, GrayEagle said:

I agree about the salary disparity but I disagree that UAB had two years of nothing.  While they didn't play any games during those two years, they added players and were allowed to practice.  When they returned in 2018 they were a well-oiled, cohesive unit.  And, yes, I believe that Bill Clark is the best coach in the conference but he came from the FCS and was given a pretty good raise upon entering the FBS.  Littrell, on the other hand, came from P5s and head coach should be a promotion and a raise.  He had back-to-back nine win seasons and three consecutive bowls so increase in pay was warranted.  Only the last raise (designed to keep him here) has turned bad (so far).  At least, if he fails next year he will leave with rooms of 3* players; far better than he inherited.

So basically the CUSA spit the bit and did a horrible job of setting the rules for a team that VOLUNTARILY quit football.  I’ll be honest - Inlove all of you like UNT brothers but dammit we have to start standing up for ourselves if no one else will.

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 1

30 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

So basically the CUSA spit the bit and did a horrible job of setting the rules for a team that VOLUNTARILY quit football.  I’ll be honest - Inlove all of you like UNT brothers but dammit we have to start standing up for ourselves if no one else will.

The "quitting" was a well planned design - and it worked. Got people's attention and they were able to clean up their mess and right the ship. Basically filled Chapter 11 bankruptcy and got money and resources they needed.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

35 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

I believe that was the NCAA not the conference. I suppose CUSA could have forced them out of the conference but I am not sure it would have been in anyone’s best interests.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

The "quitting" was a well planned design - and it worked. Got people's attention and they were able to clean up their mess and right the ship. Basically filled Chapter 11 bankruptcy and got money and resources they needed.

UAB moves into a spankin’ new 45,000 seat stadium next Fall.  So next look for their enthusiasts to start shopping for a new conference. AAC comes to mind & they are in that league’s footprint which is half of the American map.🙄

If they move—who would take their place?

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

25 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

UAB moves into a spankin’ new 45,000 seat stadium next Fall.  So next look for their enthusiasts to start shopping for a new conference. AAC comes to mind & they are in that league’s footprint which is half of the American map.🙄

GMG!

Probably South Alabama or Troy.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

GMG!

UAB will not own the Stadium. They will "lease" it.The city and local businesses/supporters have definitely stepped up and put the $$$ in. It's nice, but I personally prefer on-campus stadiums.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

ULL? 

I suspect La Tech will block that, as would USM. Since we would lose a school in Alabama, Id imagine the geniuses at CUSA will replace them with South Alabama or Troy to replace them. Or, even worse, they’ll probably add Georgia State because they are in Atlanta, even though nobody cares about them at all.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

I suspect La Tech will block that, as would USM. Since we would lose a school in Alabama, Id imagine the geniuses at CUSA will replace them with South Alabama or Troy to replace them. Or, even worse, they’ll probably add Georgia State because they are in Atlanta, even though nobody cares about them at all.

Why would LaTech have the ability to block. We need to build the conference.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

The way our conference office has been operating, it will be ULM

• Haha 1