UNT and UNLV ink home and home series

Harry

• Harry featured this topic
1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I would like to see these agreements with the first game being played at Apogee.  Seems we are always on the back end hosting allowing the other teams time to bail if they choose.  Otherwise, love the agreement.

Usually, the team from the better conference gets the first home game...

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

I would like to see these agreements with the first game being played at Apogee.  Seems we are always on the back end hosting allowing the other teams time to bail if they choose.  Otherwise, love the agreement.

I was about to say... do we have any home nonconference games from 2021-2024?? Lol.

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Yes and with fewer years in between.  And I don’t perceive this particular opponent as really that different from us outside of a bit better conference, a basketball natty and a cool city.  Definitely on the right trajectory though and I’m all for this and the Wyoming deal. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, greenjoe said:

I love the match up.  I hate the terms.  If we don’t get the first game, there likely will not be a second game.  If it’s a good series it will be just as good playing at Apogee first. 

Good point. Still not convinced Cal will end up here

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

I don’t think Cal ever makes that trip (or intended to)

Funny thing when in Berkeley last year... a few of us are walking the Memorial Stadium promenade when a Cal megadonor thanks us for making the trip and whisks us onto the field with passes for pregame. Funny, gregarious dude, was generally wielding a lot of clout.

We mentioned at one point the return trip in 2023. He seemed surprised it was even a home-and-home, and laughed, “ha, no. I’m definitely buying that one out. Hahaha.”

🤷🏼‍♂️

At least we got this cool moment.

F8AB1E5A-C6C4-43A7-8F52-12C07B2F2FF5.jpeg

Edited by Christopher Walker
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TheTastyGreek said:

Not me... Newspapers, kickoff times, etc.

We should only play OOC games on the east coast, or maybe at a neutral site in London like the NFL does. 

Yes, I agree...I want to join the Far East Conference. Road games in London, Paris, Istanbul, Moscow, Rome, and Boca Raton/Miami. We always have to be in a conference with F_U...