So Who Gets the Start For the Bowl Game?

MGNation92

2 hours ago, MGNation92 said:

Aune had a solid game last game, and Bean has had some good games as well.

Who do we think starts at QB?

I'd like to think Aune, but Littrell may see Bean as more advantageous due to lack of Darden and increased lean on the run game.

Whoever starts will have to slow this game way down.  With our lack of a defense we will have to limit their opportunities and chew up a lot of clock to have a chance.

I’d put both QB’s in for one very creative play.  Very creative!  🤢

Don’t laugh!  As many football fans would recall, we once had a team that had a “no fair catch signal” punt return for 90 yards. The late Hayden Fry called such trick plays, uh, “exotic” plays.  

❇️UNT punt returner Keegan Brewer explains team preparation for the play.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I like some have said don't care who starts, but would like to see Littrell play both and be creative with the play calling. Trick plays and gadget plays galore, including multiple QB sets.  This is the only way I see us staying close.  However, since Darden is out I would say Bean might give us the best chance. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Green Crazy said:

I like some have said don't care who starts, but would like to see Littrell play both and be creative with the play calling. Trick plays and gadget plays galore, including multiple QB sets.  This is the only way I see us staying close.  However, since Darden is out I would say Bean might give us the best chance. 

If we try plays that get us in and out quick and leave our D on the field for 35 minutes we will be in for a long ride home

• Upvote 1

Both have had their ups and downs over the course of the season, but I give a slight edge to Aune. Then you throw in the fact that Darden isn't in the lineup and then I think you have to reconsider because of Bean's game breaking ability. What is for certain is that this board will be split no matter who starts but we want the same outcome . . . a WIN! GMG

Based on the last game, starting qb is a guess because an hc who would pull his starter two plays into the game, is unpredictionable.

I would not be surprised if Littrell plays Dickey ball, and goes heavy running to shorten the game.  None of it matters if the defense plays as bad as they have most of the year. 

Aune starts and has an interception in the first series and never sees the field again.   

• Eye Roll 1

1 hour ago, GrandGreen said:

Based on the last game, starting qb is a guess because an hc who would pull his starter two plays into the game, is unpredictionable.

I would not be surprised if Littrell plays Dickey ball, and goes heavy running to shorten the game.  None of it matters if the defense plays as bad as they have most of the year. 

Aune starts and has an interception in the first series and never sees the field again.   

Watch your tongue sir!  Aune has never turned the ball over...those were alternative punts!!

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3