Huge P5 Talent Coming To Denton

BillySee58

Great class.  I feel like most of the pieces are in place for UNT to consistently bring in these types of classes.

UNT should dominate CUSA in recruiting.

UNT should compete for championships and reach a bowl every year.

Again, this is a great class, and next step is to develop it and work on bringing in the next one.

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1

I think one of the difficult aspects of looking back and assessing performance of the program is factoring in how injuries may have (or may not have) affected the season.   Historically, we have not enjoyed the depth across the board that P5 programs enjoy, for example.  If we lose players at key positions we may see a drop-off (and losses) that other programs do not.  Conversely, if all our starters make it through the season completely healthy, it's probably a good season.  Hopefully we are starting to build that depth that allows players to rotate in to stay fresh or step in when someone goes down without a drop-off in production.

I remember one season during the Dodge years where it seemed we were the most snake-bit team in country with players going down left and right.  That season was brutal.

• Upvote 3