Huge P5 Talent Coming To Denton

BillySee58

Just now, MattDamon23 said:

What's amazing to me is how quickly our recruiting has picked up. Of the top 10 all-time recruits to ever commit to the University of North Texas, 6 of them have been in the past five years. That is absolutely incredible and speaks volumes on the potential we are blessed with here.

Our perception is slowly but surely shifting and I can't think of anyone who I want to thank more for their hard work and dedication than Wren Baker and Neal Smatresk! 

Agree 100%!

GMG!6EBAAFD3-FB29-49BF-9B9A-D78C3634DCBE.jpeg.a89f214e9559ca022afdd8c3e1508cdc.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1

6 minutes ago, MattDamon23 said:

Of the top 10 all-time recruits to ever commit to the University of North Texas, 6 of them have been in the past five years.

My question is when does "all time" begin?  If there was a ranking service in the 50's, 60's and 70's (and other previous years) then our "all time" list would look much different.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, NorthTexan95 said:

My question is when does "all time" begin?  If there was a ranking service in the 50's, 60's and 70's (and other previous years) then our "all time" list would look much different.

All time goes back to 2002. That’s how far back the Rivals recruiting database goes back, so that’s how far the composite ratings go back. That’s why I usually say “in the recruiting website era” instead.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Wag Tag said:

Congrats to all! Would like to see a stud qb transfer. Please... GMG 

Don't we got one of them stud skinny oklahoma boys coming our way? I like how they work out 😉

First year I've really been excited by the signing day class, this looks fantastic! Something is working in the Athletics dept.

Edited by Udomann
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TheReal_jayD said:

and more importantly we were top three in CUSA all three years. Because we have to dominate CUSA before we can worry about moving up

Also, average rating was highest in this class. Just need to land home one more class like this and we’ll pretty much have P5 talent across all grades and position groups.

• Upvote 7

23 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

To leave Littrell and Walerius out of this is ridiculous.

You're right! I meant more big picture - as in how the University is perceived and our commitment to improving athletics, with football obv being the most competitive and arguably the biggest priority. Seth and Walerius 100% deserve part of the credit, as the ball is now in Seth's court given that Walerius has held up his end. 

Edited by MattDamon23
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, UNTexas said:

And many want Littrell gone. Dude van recruit. Wow.

Yes, it is extremely critical that Littrell be successful here. Because even as well recruiting is going, he wasn’t doing well at the beginning. A big part of that was not having Walerius yet, and another was that we had not really started having the on-field success, but it would be extremely detrimental for our program to go back to the way things were in recruiting.

He needs to get defense right, whether that’s with Bowen or without, but he has been successful here before and he is soon going to have more talent across the roster than he had back when we were winning 9 games.

• Upvote 5

Just now, SteaminWillieBeamin said:

I wish our staff would use the young guys instead of prioritizing seniority. I want to see the highest rated classes on the field faster - since we are rebuilding and all. 

Completely agree. Gabriel Murphy had 4.5 sacks in 5 games. That’s a double-digit sack pace and it took him until game 5 to start seeing the field. He’s not the first case of us taking a while to get our best guys on the field either. That kind of stuff needs to stop, especially as we continue to have so much talent at the younger grade classifications. Even Alabama and Clemson play freshmen.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Also, average rating was highest in this class. Just need to land home one more class like this and we’ll pretty much have P5 talent across all grades and position groups.

And, despite this great recruiting, do we ignore the fact that we are legit bottom feeders in the worst conference in college football? I want to join in on patting everyone on the back about how bright the future looks, but unless we get coaching that can deliver, the recruits are going to be wasted again.

Honestly, we are looking down the barrel of a beatdown this weekend by a sunbelt team. Our issue isn't recruiting...

• Upvote 5
  • Ray 1

8 minutes ago, Udomann said:

And, despite this great recruiting, do we ignore the fact that we are legit bottom feeders in the worst conference in college football? I want to join in on patting everyone on the back about how bright the future looks, but unless we get coaching that can deliver, the recruits are going to be wasted again.

Honestly, we are looking down the barrel of a beatdown this weekend by a sunbelt team. Our issue isn't recruiting...

Yeah, things are not looking good for the Appy State game (especially with JD sitting out).    However, I honestly believe the next few years are headed up from here.   Seth has been stashing away a lot of talent.    Once this team turns the corner, we should be in for a nice little extended run IMO.    Talent is talent.

Yes, coaching needs to be better on defense, along with the players.   And, we still need a QB to take over and run this ship for a few years.    That guy still could be on the current roster.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, akriesman said:

And, we still need a QB to take over and run this ship for a few years.    That guy still could be on the current roster.

Littrell's first few recruiting classes were poor but he got the quarterback right.  He needs to do that again.   Hopefully, someone on current roster can be the guy next season. 

• Upvote 1

Regardless of this season and even the big game Monday Seth will be here next year. I hope he figures it out and is successful next year and the P5 offers are plenty.

With the talent NT has and is coming I can't bare another 4-5 win season and the excuses that follow.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1