New Commit on NSD Eve

TheReal_jayD

9 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

Guys its Caleb Johnson the WR from Greenville. Flipped a guy from OU!

Offer list via MGS:

Held offers from Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU, Florida State, Georgia, Texas A&M, Tennessee, TCU, Missouri, Houston, Hawaii, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana-Monroe, New Mexico, Texas State, Arkansas State and FIU 

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, greenminer said:

Offer list via MGS:

Held offers from Alabama, Oklahoma, LSU, Florida State, Georgia, Texas A&M, Tennessee, TCU, Missouri, Houston, Hawaii, Louisiana-Lafayette, Louisiana-Monroe, New Mexico, Texas State, Arkansas State and FIU 

https://247sports.com/Player/Caleb-Johnson-46100091/

• Upvote 2

On 12/15/2020 at 9:20 AM, Charlie NT 73 said:

I remember that Riley Dodge and Jamario Thomas are number one and number two of the highest rated players to come to North Texas.

Both Riley and Jamario were rated at .87 and some change. 

So this mystery player must be rated above .87.  So this player must be a 4 star rated player!

Not 4 star. 

• Lovely Take 1
  • Ray 1
  • RV 2
  • Eye Roll 4
  • Downvote 2

29 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Give me a freshman season like Jamario and “good enough” will be an understatement 

My high school was a rival of Jamario's school. The rumor in high school was that Jamario had a red wrist band for plays on the right and a blue wrist band for plays on the left. They also questioned his intelligence. Most of the guys that said that were on the opposing team he smoked. I met him a few times during my time at UNT. There is no way in hell that was true. He was such a nice guy and seemed very intelligent. I would rub it in their faces every time they tried to trash him.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

My high school was a rival of Jamario's school. The rumor in high school was that Jamario had a red wrist band for plays on the right and a blue wrist band for plays on the left. They also questioned his intelligence. Most of the guys that said that were on the opposing team he smoked. I met him a few times during my time at UNT. There is no way in hell that was true. He was such a nice guy and seemed very intelligent. I would rub it in their faces every time they tried to trash him.

Jamario has dyslexia.  This learning disability is a key reason UNT landed him.  We have incredible resources for student athletes with it.

• Upvote 6
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, greenminer said:

Jamario has dyslexia.  This learning disability is a key reason UNT landed him.  We have incredible resources for student athletes with it.

This is true.  UNT has great resources.  And dyslexia has nothing to do with one's intelligence.  People with dyslexia have a different learning style and many highly intelligent people have had dyslexia, including Albert Einstein. With the emphasis on brain research, so much more is now known and so many more resources are available to students.  

Does anyone know what Jamario is doing these days?

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, greenminer said:

I was not aware of that, but he obviously had the last laugh. The majority of people running their mouths are in the HH club back home. Hometown Heros that never left lol.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, SilverEagle said:

Welp, for the first time in just about ever, I don't feel compelled to ask the Clara Peller question.

Totally agree! First time I have looked at the sheet and though that they need to play bigger than they are... Even the RB signing is over 5'10".

2 hours ago, Zeleny' Orel said:

Does anyone know what Jamario is doing these days?

I ran into him at homecoming a few years back - he was expecting another kid and living up in OK. He worked for Hobby Lobby in some fashion and was happily married. 

Edited by SteaminWillieBeamin
  • Upvote 4