Arkansas-Pine Bluff (12/15/20)

CMJ

7 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Why is Murray getting so much playing time? Did he get great in the off season.  This team seems to be missing something.  They just don't seem to have the chemistry of last years team.   

I wouldn't read too much into things.  Last year's team started 2-5.  We're currently 2-3 with a strong half against #11 WVU.

Slow starts happen can happen, especially since we are still ironing out what to do with some new talent.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

Why is Murray getting so much playing time? Did he get great in the off season.  This team seems to be missing something.  They just don't seem to have the chemistry of last years team.   

The fact Murray is getting any minutes is an absolute stunner. Mac has made some odd choices with what’s suppose to be a solid team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

Murray brings a lot of energy to both sides of the court, and his teammates seem to really be rooting for him.  I suspect that McCasland's been trying to figure out where exactly his role will be (and if he can be trusted in critical stretches of a game) during non-conference play.  I'm all for that, but I also hope there is a way to get Jalen Jackson some more meaningful minutes to see what he can do with a little development. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

12 minutes ago, Greendylan said:

Murray brings a lot of energy to both sides of the court, and his teammates seem to really be rooting for him.  I suspect that McCasland's been trying to figure out where exactly his role will be (and if he can be trusted in critical stretches of a game) during non-conference play.  I'm all for that, but I also hope there is a way to get Jalen Jackson some more meaningful minutes to see what he can do with a little development. 

Jackson is making it hard to play him with the way he continues to shoot the ball. 

2 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

Jackson is making it hard to play him with the way he continues to shoot the ball. 

I agree. When he signed, I envisioned the second coming of Josh White based on his high school stats.  I don’t know if his lack of production is a system issue, how he is being used or something else. He appears to lack the confidence to even look for his shot. He’s got too much talent to be playing this way. 

56 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I agree. When he signed, I envisioned the second coming of Josh White based on his high school stats.  I don’t know if his lack of production is a system issue, how he is being used or something else. He appears to lack the confidence to even look for his shot. He’s got too much talent to be playing this way. 

He couldn’t shoot in high school either. Really not any deeper than that. At 5’11”, you just have to be able to shoot well if you’re going to have success. He is not particularly close to that at the moment.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

5 hours ago, BillySee58 said:

He couldn’t shoot in high school either. 

??  His high school stats show that he shot 52% from the field his senior year.  What are you seeing that leads you to believe that he couldn't shoot in high school?

• Lovely Take 1