I Come in Peace :)

ASU_Jeff

3 minutes ago, ASU_Jeff said:

Hello from North Carolina!  Looking forward to playing you guys next week in Myrtle Beach!  How many of you will be making the trip?  My family and I are hoping to get tickets; it will be interesting with the limited attendance mess due to COVID.

If you have any questions about our team or Myrtle Beach let me know.

Hello and welcome to you.

any of your players not making the bowl game?  This is one place I would like to go to a bowl game at but with the short notice, holidays and covid I won't make it.   Ok my wife won't let me go.   I hope we can make it a game but this year has been a disappointing one but it was the same as 2019.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Welcome to the GMG boards.  I'd wish you good luck next Monday, but I don't think you're going to need it.  Hope your family can get tickets and enjoy the game.  I wouldn't expect to see much green in the stands for this game.

I'm also curious if you know of any App State players sitting out this game?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, ASU_Jeff said:

Hello from North Carolina!  Looking forward to playing you guys next week in Myrtle Beach!  How many of you will be making the trip?  My family and I are hoping to get tickets; it will be interesting with the limited attendance mess due to COVID.

Just hoping most of your starters Opt-Out for the game😇

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

We had a couple of players opt out earlier in the year but as far as I know everyone who played Saturday will play in the game.  We have lost three games this year to Marshall, Coastal Carolina, and Lafayette which we should have won in all honesty.  Apps fan base is spoiled; many have considered this a down year for our team.   

It will be interesting because the Sunbelt championship game is going to be played on Saturday in the same stadium.  Just hoping we can find a place to stay if we are able to get tickets.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, ASU_Jeff said:

We had a couple of players opt out earlier in the year but as far as I know everyone who played Saturday will play in the game.  We have lost three games this year to Marshall, Coastal Carolina, and Lafayette which we should have won in all honesty.  Apps fan base is spoiled; many have considered this a down year for our team.   

It will be interesting because the Sunbelt championship game is going to be played on Saturday in the same stadium.  Just hoping we can find a place to stay if we are able to get tickets.

Y'all will probably win pretty easily. Our Defense is having trouble, same at QB, and our best player just declared for the draft. I'm happy we played at all in 2020 and get another game to play.

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

53 minutes ago, ASU_Jeff said:

Welcome to the board. You will not have to endure flames, but you will have to endure sarcasm and just general smartassery.

As you know, we share some history in the person of Jerry Moore.  His record at North Texas was 11-11. Which was good enough to cause Texas Tech to hire him away from us. He finally developed into the coach that we hoped he would be back in 79-80 when he went to ASU. 

North Texas is 130 years old. Our Mascot is the EAGLE and our nickname (given to us in 1966 by the wife of the NT sports information director. https://dentonrc.com/news/sidney-sue-graham-creator-of-unts-mean-green-moniker-dies-at-age-83/article_bdce34b3-16c9-50fb-afab-8afd7d935bf5.html) is the MEAN GREEN.  Our fall enrollment is 39,000. When Joe Green was playing in the late 60's it was about 17,000. We are NOT a small commuter school. We have been internationally known for our school of music (most notably the jazz program) but (like a lot of other Universities around the nation) we are much more diverse than that. 

Lifer's assessment of the current defense is very ironic considering the history of the nickname.....but I don't disagree with it.

Our best offensive weapon, Jaylen Darden (#1 on your program) will not be playing. But my observation in the last two years is that there are a lot of hungry guys on the team waiting to make their mark. Most notably #9 and (IMHO) #24 on the roster.

I hope you are able to get a Hotel room and tickets to the game. Have a great time! 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

35 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Our best player just declared for the draft and opted out

People bitch about our QB's but we put up over 500 yards a game and can score quickly

Our defense has a few more holes that your basic kitchen collander.  

I think the offense is set up to score but man turnovers have hurt.

1 hour ago, ASU_Jeff said:

I have fond memories of that part of North Carolina; I wish I could make it Myrtle Beach again (went there once while stationed at Ft. Bragg with 82nd Airborne), but too short of a notice. It would be a nice drive there from Boone, I'm sure.  I was up in Blowing Rock shortly after y'all beat Michigan, and enjoyed seeing all the pride being displayed by the folks going up there for the scenery before playing a Saturday game. I did wonder if winning in such notorious fashion wasn't a bit of a distraction from your conference play that year.

8 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

@ASU_Jeff Will you guys be bringing your band?

image.png.27716bffd74b7be854e7cf5453791f42.png

for a backwards sounding band from north carolina (greeneville), check out AETHER REALM -Redneck vikings from hell...who doesn't love a banjo with some melodic death metal...

if they brought this band...would be badass...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, pogWo4life said:

ASU__Jeff, were you there when you guys beat Michigan?

I took the long route to college...  Spent 21 years in the Air Force, worked full time and went to college to finish my teaching degree, and graduated in 2014.

It’s crazy how the Michigan game is how most people have heard of App State.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, ASU_Jeff said:

Welcome, please don't kick our asses too hard. You'll find us an often divided but passionate lot. 

Edited by UNT Texas Hooligan
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, ASU_Jeff said:

I took the long route to college...  Spent 21 years in the Air Force, worked full time and went to college to finish my teaching degree, and graduated in 2014.

It’s crazy how the Michigan game is how most people have heard of App State.

FWIW, The App St game is how I remember Michigan.

• Haha 1

Welcome to the board.

If our “running” quarterback plays, he’ll throw you the ball.

If our “passing” quarterback plays, he’ll drop it and hope you won’t pick it up. 

Either way, we’ll either let you run straight up the middle, pass over the top of us, or bail you out with soft coverage or penalties on 3rd down.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Welcome to the board.

If our “passing” quarterback plays, he’ll drop it and hope you won’t pick it up. 

Either way, we’ll either let you run straight up the middle, pass over the top of us, or bail you out with soft coverage or penalties on 3rd down.  

And unnecessary penalties like late hits

11 hours ago, ASU_Jeff said:

Could you ask your coach to try to keep it under 50?  (in the first half)

2 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Welcome to the board.

Also don't be concerned if you're ever in a 3rd and 20+.

• Upvote 1