HBU QB Bailey Zappe Enters the Portal

MGNation92

Could someone please tell me how this works...Does a player list his name with the NCAA “portal” and essentially say, “I’m leaving this school and I’d like to know who is interested in offering me a scholarship” , and then pick from those offers ?  Or is the  “picking” already done before he “enters the portal” ?

What happens if the player doesn’t get the desired result ?  Can he go back to the team he wanted to leave and continue his scholarship ?  

Is the transfer portal only for scholarship players ?

6 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

i think the portal essentially opens up your "recruitment". opposing coaches can contact you and discuss playing for them.

I don't know if that closes the door at your current school

I think the NCAA will have to close all this portal business eventually because some schools will abuse it.  

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

This would be perfect. He could play P5 if he wanted, but not sure how the market is going to shake out. With many players transferring it’s hard to really get a good grip on where everyone is going to land. Are some P5 quality players going to be available because there aren’t enough spots? Are guys who we think will be in our range going to go P5 because they are valuing transfers more, especially seniors since they don’t count towards the 85 scholarship team limit? 

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, greenjoe said:

Could someone please tell me how this works...Does a player list his name with the NCAA “portal” and essentially say, “I’m leaving this school and I’d like to know who is interested in offering me a scholarship” , and then pick from those offers ?  Or is the  “picking” already done before he “enters the portal” ?

What happens if the player doesn’t get the desired result ?  Can he go back to the team he wanted to leave and continue his scholarship ?  

Is the transfer portal only for scholarship players ?

17 minutes ago, golfingomez said:

i think the portal essentially opens up your "recruitment". opposing coaches can contact you and discuss playing for them.

I don't know if that closes the door at your current school

As far as Im aware if a kid decides to stay at the program they are at, they can. This doesn't close any doors until he officially chooses another school. Im sure it doesn't bode well for that player if he returns