Myrtle Beach Bowl - Predict the score

El Paso Eagle

32 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

The difference between the thrashings we took in New Orleans & New Mexico VS this one is that we KNOW it's coming this time, and this time we don't have a 9-win regular season record to back up why we're even there to begin with.    So a passer-by watching might react to those games like, "What happened to North Texas today? They're supposed to be better than this!", whereas a passer-by watching this weekend is going to think, "Well, that's what happens when a 4-5 team goes to a bowl.  NT sucks!"

It's been very difficult to "enjoy" Mean Green football games lately... and the main reason I have enjoyed them this season revealed he's going to skip it to prep for the draft.

Has he actually said this? All I've seen is that he's forgoing his final year of eligibility. 

He's going to be a late round pick, at best. Usually, those kind of guys don't skip out on bowl games. 

IMO, with only gaining a few extra days of practice and now seeing how our best player has decided not to play - also doubt we see Novil, I have a strange feeling this might do more harm than good. Getting our asses handed to us on national TV does this program no good. But I guess we can mark it up as another Bowl appearance. 

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 2

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

IMO, with only gaining a few extra days of practice and now seeing how our best player has decided not to play - also doubt we see Novil, I have a strange feeling this might do more harm than good. Getting our asses handed to us on national TV does this program no good. But I guess we can mark it up as another Bowl appearance. 

Reminds me of the 1978 Orange Bowl.  Arkansas was set to play OU.  Leading up the game, Lou Holtz, in his first year at Arkansas, suspended two Arkansas RB's, Ben Cowins and Donny Bobo, for the game.  Cowins and Bobo had accounted for around 75% - 80% of the Razorbacks points that year.  OU was led by Billy Sims on offense and went off as 24 point favorites.  Arkansas ended up winning 31 - 6.  

It is time for someone else to step up.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNTcrazy727 said:

Has he actually said this? All I've seen is that he's forgoing his final year of eligibility. 

He's going to be a late round pick, at best. Usually, those kind of guys don't skip out on bowl games. 

Put yourself in his shoes. This guys draft potential just skyrocketed after this weeks game from UDFA to late pick. Do you even risk that chance of injury? If a blowout lose to App state put the chance of buying my parents a new house at risk... Im staying home and playing cyberpunk

• Skeptical Eagle 1

36 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Reminds me of the 1978 Orange Bowl.  Arkansas was set to play OU.  Leading up the game, Lou Holtz, in his first year at Arkansas, suspended two Arkansas RB's, Ben Cowins and Donny Bobo, for the game.  Cowins and Bobo had accounted for around 75% - 80% of the Razorbacks points that year.  OU was led by Billy Sims on offense and went off as 24 point favorites.  Arkansas ended up winning 31 - 6.  

It is time for someone else to step up.

I so hope you are right. I am sure they players will give it everything they have. I just, IMO, do not believe our coaching has put us in a position where we will be competitive. Also wish Darden would play - I will just leave it at that with regards to him.

16 minutes ago, Udomann said:

Put yourself in his shoes. This guys draft potential just skyrocketed after this weeks game from UDFA to late pick. Do you even risk that chance of injury? If a blowout lose to App state put the chance of buying my parents a new house at risk... Im staying home and playing cyberpunk

In today's environment who can blame him. I guess the new way of being part of the team, until you don't need the team is they way it will be going forward. I 100% hope he gets drafted, just wish he would have stayed with the "team" until the end.

I wonder if they play "all star" games if he is invited will he play and risk it there?

• Eye Roll 1

7 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

In today's environment who can blame him. I guess the new way of being part of the team, until you don't need the team is they way it will be going forward. I 100% hope he gets drafted, just wish he would have stayed with the "team" until the end.

I wonder if they play "all star" games if he is invited will he play and risk it there?

Unless NCAAF starts finding better ways to incentivize it.... Not going to happen.

• Upvote 1