Myrtle Beach Bowl - Predict the score

El Paso Eagle

55-28 them

And most of our points come in garbage time (which will probably be the entire 2nd half) against 2nd and 3rd stringers. 

Edit to add:  If Darden doesn't play, we don't break 20 points.  Still an ass kicking either way.

Edited by Moobs
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, MeanGreen_MBA said:

UNT has already won. This is a bonus practice and game that we need to build for next year. 2020 kicked us all in the nuts...

let’s just enjoy the fact that we get a bonus game and our team gets some exposure. 

there is NOTHING negative about this opportunity. 

Except for the fact that our defense is going to get demolished on national TV with no other football games on at the time.   

NT is going to roll into this game with a losing record, which will rub most people the wrong way already.
Then, we're going to get killed by a Sun Belt school (albeit a good one) probably something along the lines of 51-20, and all the casual fans who watch are going to think, "Wow, why does North Texas even play in FBS?".   
2 years ago, we were actually positioning ourselves to be a player (at least, considered) when conference shakeups occur.  2 seasons later, we're about to get killed in a bowl game to push our record to 4-6.  4 wins for the second year in a row.

The "exposure" you mention about above IS the negative.

• Upvote 7
  • Thanks 2
  • RV 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 5

57 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

North Texas.....20

App. State.........0

*The same score that the Rice Owls (who UNT soundly beat) defeated  #21 ranked Marshall U. (It would be a most welcome shocker). 

❇️ GMG!

Drunk off the green kookaid with green goggles on?

• Haha 1

I am getting some 2016 deja vu, where we squeaked into the Heart of Dallas Bowl and that launched us into the successful 2017/2018 seasons. 

Now to start drawing up unreasonable travel plans that most likely wont happen!

GMG!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Drunk off the green kookaid with green goggles on?

Well, like the old comedian said NTSN:  “ I don’t drink anymore, but I don’t drink any less.”😳 (Admittedly, the Green koolade you speak of was a tad strong). 🥴 

Yes, as expected, we’re underdogs, but besides pulling an upset in what we all knew was going to be a rebuilding season, but like some of you said this bowl invite was an unexpected bonus for SL’s program.  I hope it alone helps 1 or 2 key recruits swing toward our favorite school.

🥴 4 & 5? That upsets more on GMG than it will SL recruits who’ll want to come to UNT to help build a bowl winner with a Top 25 finish.
🔹🔺 Remember when Coach Hayden Fry took a 4 & 6 SMU football team to a bowl.  Google it.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 1

They run the ball well and average over 5 yards a carry. 
The most points they have given up was 34 to Coastal Carolina. Next largest was 26. 
Nothing about this matchup gives me any confidence. If we hold them under 40 and we score more than 20 then I will be shocked. 

2 hours ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Except for the fact that our defense is going to get demolished on national TV with no other football games on at the time.   

NT is going to roll into this game with a losing record, which will rub most people the wrong way already.
Then, we're going to get killed by a Sun Belt school (albeit a good one) probably something along the lines of 51-20, and all the casual fans who watch are going to think, "Wow, why does North Texas even play in FBS?".   
2 years ago, we were actually positioning ourselves to be a player (at least, considered) when conference shakeups occur.  2 seasons later, we're about to get killed in a bowl game to push our record to 4-6.  4 wins for the second year in a row.

The "exposure" you mention about above IS the negative.

if you think anyone outside of CUSA/SunBelt fans is going to watch this game, you're nuts... it's 1:30 on a Monday afternoon. national exposure only means something if people tune in.

all that being said:

App St. 52

UNT 42

North Texas is down by 17 heading into half and exchanges TD's in the second half, but the game is never in doubt, classic NT

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'd be really surprised if Darden plays in this game. He's probably going to be drafted in the NFL and there is little upside here for him. 

That said, I do believe our defense will be going to this game, so I expect Appy State to completely score at will. Seriously, they are way better than us. We have never played a bowl opponent that we are this mismatched against. 

But they say there is no such thing as bad press, so maybe this game will still help us? If we stay within 5 TDs of them, I will be shocked. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, Snowy said:

App State: 45

North Texas: 17

Agreed.

App 45

North Texas 17

Appetizer State will put up an ungodly amount of points and yards on us because we cant stop anyone. Our office will not be able to kick it in gear until its too late. I feel like this game will go a lot like the UTSA game unfortunately.