Darden declares for NFL draft

Mr. Darden,

As is our wont, some of the greatest individual performances at North Texas come in front of its smallest crowds. Like Lance Dunbar’s final game against Middle Tennessee on a cold, damp November night, my son and I watched with glee your fantastic last game at Apogee Friday evening.

The punt return against Rice in 2017 will always standout for me. I met Andrew Smith’s parents that day. And then you do this:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400938672

(I hope it linked right....the PR was the lead highlight when I copied it)

Wishing you great success, and peace and comfort for you and your family.

GMG

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

What will hold him back, I think, is the competition level.  

I have no doubt he’s got all the talent and drive to succeed, it’s not him I question AT ALL, but I think some may look at who he played and have reservations.

I think they will look at his size and dismiss him. The NFL is all about the measurables. I hope Kansas City drafts him. He needs an innovative system to take advantage of his skills. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

I think they will look at his size and dismiss him. The NFL is all about the measurables. I hope Kansas City drafts him. He needs an innovative system to take advantage of his skills. 

That would be a terrific system to be in. He would fit well. 

13 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

What will hold him back, I think, is the competition level.  

I have no doubt he’s got all the talent and drive to succeed, it’s not him I question AT ALL, but I think some may look at who he played and have reservations.

Agreed. However, he has Jeff Wilson and J. Guyton to look for inspiration and hope. Keep the faith and work ethic, J.D.

• Upvote 1

I respect and I understand if he does not play but wish he would. If he was projected to be a first day pick I would absolutely agree. It's not like this game is weeks away and taking away from prep time. The two knocks on Darden will be his size and the competition he has played against. I know we could get rolled, but if Darden put up big numbers (which I would expect) it could help.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1