IF ?

greenjoe

17 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

What bowl is available?  It’s a weird & wacky year & if some bowl in Texas wants to invite UNT we’d have as many fans at said bowl as they’d allow.

GMG!

Almost all are still open. The only bowls that already have any participants selected are the Frisco Bowl (SMU vs TBD) and the Boca Raton Bowl (UCF vs TBD).   I think I heard more will be selected later today.  

https://www.espn.com/college-football/schedule/_/week/1/seasontype/3

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

According to Brett Mcmurphy,  the AAC Bowls are all set.

Potato- Tulane

Montgomery- Memphis

New Mexico- Houston

Frisco- SMUg

Birmingham- Tulsa

Boca- UCF

NY6- Cincy

The only thing that could change is if Cincy loses to Tulsa and Coastal ends up ranked ahead of them.

edit: spelling

Edited by Magic95Fan

14 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

This is part of the largest number of Mean Green fans ever for a bowl game.  Some have said close to 40,000.  

PlainsCapital Heart of Dallas Bowl (Cotton Bowl Stadium) 
January 1, 2014 

UNT.....36 <*>UNLV 14

AB0382DE-8424-4F61-B538-86851BE249E8.jpeg.c4f6111a7d99ba2c40d97a51444c845d.jpeg

GMG!

I think that’s was the Army one though

7 minutes ago, xyresic said:

If Darden doesn’t play in the bowl to avoid injury and guys like Tyreke and Novil are still out it would be a mistake to accept a bid. If it’s a game before Christmas there will basically be no extra practice time.

I have no doubt if by circumstance we do receive a bid we will accept. However. I would hope we consider the potential outcome versus the benefit. While I would like to see more of the Mean Green on TV I have no desire to see us play a team who can put 50+ points on us if not more. 

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, MeanGreenDan said:

Absolutely not. But any time we can get more practice reps, even if just a few extra weeks, we should take it.

I agree, but should point out that we already received a few extra practice weeks, due to COVID delays, which have already eaten into the bowl practice benefits teams would normally get.  Bowls start next weekend.  Nonetheless, if offered a bowl, we should jump on it.