Magic Bean

UNT 90 Grad

Did anyone else notice how Bean disappeared after he was pulled in the UTEP game?  I couldn’t find him on the sidelines anywhere.   Never saw him staying warmed up.  Never saw him pumping up the team.   Never saw him congratulating players when they came off the field.  

Possibly bigger than his turnover issues could be an attitude problem.  Some of Seth’s subtle comments in interviews earlier in the year seemed to point toward something going on there, and not just during the games.  This might be why he has such a short leash.  He may not be rating high on the Selfless, Tough, and Disciplined scale.  

Edited by UNT 90 Grad
Added the STD reference.
  • Upvote 4
  • RV 2
  • Downvote 3

Just now, UNT 90 Grad said:

Did anyone else notice how Bean disappeared after he was pulled in the UTEP game?  I couldn’t find him on the sidelines anywhere.   Never saw him staying warmed up.  Never saw him pumping up the team.   Never saw him congratulating players when they came off the field.  

Possibly bigger than his turnover issues could be an attitude problem.  Some of Seth’s subtle comments in interviews earlier in the year seemed to point toward something going on there, and not just during the games.  This might be why he has such a short leash.  

I've brought this up several times. He put on the big jacket and stayed as far away from the offense as possible. 

• Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

27 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Clearly gets butt hurt too easily. Sorry bud this is Division 1 FBS football, nut up and be a team player.

That’s a big problem with this team. A lot of players not really playing for the team, but just wanting to do stuff for themselves. 

That's the direction that collegiate and professional sports have taken and it has even trickled itself into high school athletics. It's all about "building my brand" or "getting mine" or "I'm gonna look out for me", etc. etc. It is a mixture of the new wave generation moving up, but like most things evil, social media plays a significant role in this mindset. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, BillySee58 said:

He has 6 turnovers. Bean has 5, with about 90 less dropbacks.

May want to check your math.  4 fumbles and 4 picks.  

4 + 4 = 8.  Or it least it did when I got my North Texas degree. 

Oh, and did I mention that (even after Aune’s 5 TD performance against the nation’s worst defense) Bean still has accounted for more total touchdowns than Aune...by a count of 17 to 15.  

So 2 more touchdowns, and 2 LESS times coughing it up...but what we value most in a quarterback is how they appear to be acting while not in the game?  I think I understand now why there’s a problem.  

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 5
  • Downvote 4

9 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

May want to check your meme, which said turnovers. 2 fumbles LOST and 4 picks.

2 fumbles were not lost, just as Bean has a fumble that we recovered. Bean actually has a higher turnover rate.

Edited by BillySee58
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, BillySee58 said:

May want to check your meme, which said turnovers. 2 fumbles LOST and 4 picks.

2 fumbles were not lost, just as Bean has a fumble that we recovered. Bean actually has a higher turnover rate.

I stand corrected.  As long as someone is around to jump on the ball when Aune coughs it up (at times without being touched) we’re golden.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 7
  • Downvote 3

Just now, emmitt01 said:

I stand corrected.  As long as someone is around to jump on the ball when Aune coughs it up (at times without being touched) we’re golden.  

Even if you factor those in as turnovers, Bean is still turning it over at a higher rate. It’s close, but Bean has a higher turnover rate and combined fumbles plus picks rate. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

Oh, and did I mention that (even after Aune’s 5 TD performance against the nation’s worst defense) Bean still has accounted for more total touchdowns than Aune...by a count of 17 to 15.  

So 2 more touchdowns, and 2 LESS times coughing it up...but what we value most in a quarterback is how they appear to be acting while not in the game?  I think I understand now why there’s a problem.  

Oh yeah... What might that be....

Bill Hader Reaction GIF

• RV 1

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

Why so much dislike for Aune?

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Why so much dislike for Aune?

I agree. Obviously the coaches would rather go with Aune right now. Coaches know more and if fans noticed him pouting then I promise the coaches are not happy with that behavior. Since they are both struggling a bad attitude will lose the job.

I hope Aune can do something Fine never did. Win a bowl game...

Edited by UNTexas
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I think I understand now why there’s a problem.  

And what is that?

8 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

Kind of like Bean's fumble against UTEP?

• Thanks 3