To Those Who Want Seth Gone

El Paso Eagle

I don’t want him fired but I want Wren to set some clear expectations. For me that would include a QB coach with a strong resume (and no skeletons in his closet) and turning over the play calling to an OC.Β 

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 1
  • RV 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

12 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Chances are UNT is not going to buy out his contract, so using the power of reverse psychology ... 😎

Get behind him and offer full support and welcome his success. If we win, maybe he gets hired away. If not, at least we won.😈

Β 

It has NOTHING to do with us getting behind Seth Littrell. This Administration, the football team and fans welcomed him with open arms. After the second contract extension and pay increase it was Littrell that went and flirted with Kansas St. leaving his employer, fans and football team in limbo for a month and right before a bowl game.Β 

It was Littrell whoΒ betrayed our trust with all hisΒ talk about winning championships, bowl games and being family. Really?

Littrell was blessed and he snubbed his nose at all of us. What has he done since then to deserve 1.8 million and how can this Athletic Department dare approach any of us and ask us to up our donations another 10% or even contribute period! Most of us areΒ working muchΒ longerΒ Β hours and we’re suppose to gleefully contribute our hard earned money to support a losing program! Really? That’s insanity.Β 

NO! It has nothing to do with us getting behind Seth Littrell. It has everything to do with Littrell getting behind us!! Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 2

13 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Chances are UNT is not going to buy out his contract, so using the power of reverse psychology ... 😎

Get behind him and offer full support and welcome his success. If we win, maybe he gets hired away. If not, at least we won.😈

Β 

I don't think anyone here is rooting for him to lose,Β  we're upset with the return on the investmentΒ 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

of course we all want him to succeed, I don't think there is any fan that does not want to see that. Β It is just getting frustrating to see this team on the field. Β  I don't think we have a qb problem I think it all falls on the defense. Β  We need at least an average defense. Β Look at UTEP numbers against us and that is the biggest issue with this team. Β That and finding a replacement for Dardin.

7 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I don’t want him fired but I want Wren to set some clear expectations. For me that would include a QB coach with a strong resume (and no skeletons in his closet) and turning over the play calling to an OC.Β 

Seth NEEDS to stop hiring his buddies. Needs to get outside hires because of buddies he’s had haven’t always panned out.

• Upvote 1

A lot of good points. I have no problem with Seth calling the play on offense and basically being the coordinator. With the money were not paying an OC give Mike Bloesch a raise for the job he has done. With Seth in control of the Offense I'm not worried on that side of the ball. I know as the HC he is responsible for everything, but honestly how much does he add on the Defensive side of the ball?

Defense - what a cluster F this has been. I would like to see us use any open slots for Grad Transfers on this side of the ball. If he is set on keeping Bowne then make sure we have the type of players he needs to run his defense. If I remember correctly when Bowne was hired the comments were made that he played multiple schemes, mainly a 3-3-5 or a 4-2-5.. The 3-3-5 was mainly for the wide open/air raid offenses.Β Β We were in no way ready this year for teams with good running backs or a QB who could run. Teams were easily able to put in blocking schemes that provided big gaps. Something drastic has to happen here. Unless Bowen decides to walk away I don't see a change at DC.Β 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Trust me, this forum has never been responsible for hiring or firing anyone. The firing demands part only makes you eventuallyΒ feel bad about yourself (not all of you, of course); & that theme is usually a bridge to nowhere. Paid staffΒ will hire or fireβ€”maybe we should trust them?

Seth being at UNT inspired one family who knew the Littrell family of OklahomaΒ to give big bucks & get the Indoor Practice Facility jump-started. Β β€’β€’β€’Littrell will sign an Oklahoma kid this Wednesday ofΒ which one website says hisΒ family is worth $55,000,000. (There are no expectation for them to give a dime, but I bet they do). Β Seth Littrell’s presence at UNTΒ has been a positive. Β Bet he wants his careerΒ W/L in Mean Green CountryΒ to equally be aΒ positive, too.Β 

Β Yes, Seth needs to get our Defense in shape for next season & his recruiting class next Wednesday indicates he’s working on it. Β So the best we can do is what greenjoeΒ used to put at the end of his posts in years’ past, especially during football season.

Most of usΒ like UNT’s future as to be a successful NCAA FBS football program. Β With our astounding campus growth now at 41,000, Denton & Denton Countyβ€˜ burgeoningΒ growthΒ & with (is it now) close to 300,000 North Texas Exes in the northern TexasΒ Metroplex; Β anyway, we have thatΒ huge reservoir in which to draw new fansΒ at fabulous Apogee Stadium & I bet we do.Β 

GMG!

I’ve said it multiple times but SUCCESS IS NOT LINEAR! We’ve seen what Seth can do. It’s up to him and the university to figure out how to get back to that level. We have a few Freshman/Sophomores that have shown a little something this year, which is extremely encouraging.Β If the worst Seth is a middle of the road CUSA coach that will occasionally get you in conference contention, isn’t that way more than we can say about MOST previous coaches in university history? I get the contract side but what’s done is done. Unless this thing just implodes and you sign a bottom dweller class, Wren and Co areΒ gonna ride this thing and and reevaluate when it’s up. Might as well get on board instead of moaning andΒ groaning.Β 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, MeanGreen22 said:

I’ve said it multiple times but SUCCESS IS NOT LINEAR! We’ve seen what Seth can do. It’s up to him and the university to figure out how to get back to that level. We have a few Freshman/Sophomores that have shown a little something this year, which is extremely encouraging.Β If the worst Seth is a middle of the road CUSA coach that will occasionally get you in conference contention, isn’t that way more than we can say about MOST previous coaches in university history? I get the contract side but what’s done is done. Unless this thing just implodes and you sign a bottom dweller class, Wren and Co areΒ gonna ride this thing and and reevaluate when it’s up. Might as well get on board instead of moaning andΒ groaning.Β 

$1.8M is a hefty price tag for middle of the road CUSA