Thank you, Wren!

Philip Ferguson

Yea thanks for the season. Unfortunately our 2n straight losing season that exposed the weakness of this team that have been identified on this forum.

Bowl game...wow. I don't know if I would want that kind of national attention of another arse whoopin on that stage.

Edited by RBP79
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Downvote 2

There's talk of adding one more game to potentially get us to bowl eligiblity. Yes, things have been rough this season but it's basically a free year, our young guys got a lot of in-game experience, and we have a better idea of our team now for years that do count. I'll take any more games we can get. 

• Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I’m hearing we have a good chance at a bowl even with our record as of now. 

With 11 (the last I checked) bowl games already cancelled, I just don’t see how. Bowl games always shuffle around conference affiliations so I see that happening again. If bowl games stuck to their conference affiliations, I could see us getting in one. But I just can’t see that happening. Not this year. 

1 minute ago, Moobs said:

With 11 (the last I checked) bowl games already cancelled, I just don’t see how. Bowl games always shuffle around conference affiliations so I see that happening again. If bowl games stuck to their conference affiliations, I could see us getting in one. But I just can’t see that happening. Not this year. 

On the post game radio show, they talked of bowl games being very regional this year due to the pandemic.  They thought there is a possibility there could be a rematch on the horizon with SMU at the Frisco Bowl.  

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

22 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

On the post game radio show, they talked of bowl games being very regional this year due to the pandemic.  They thought there is a possibility there could be a rematch on the horizon with SMU at the Frisco Bowl.  

I missed part of it, but I though I heard them say we may know something by the end of the weekend.  Frisco is a short drive for me - GMG!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, UNT 90 Grad said:

If they’re making them regional games, why wouldn’t they choose TCU over UNT?  TCU/SMU is a big rivalry and it didn’t get played this year. ESPN would make far more money off of a TCU/SMU matchup than they would a UNT/SMU matchup.   

• Upvote 6
  • Ray 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Moobs said:

If they’re making them regional games, why wouldn’t they choose TCU over UNT?  TCU/SMU is a big rivalry and it didn’t get played this year. ESPN would make far more money off of a TCU/SMU matchup than they would a UNT/SMU matchup.   

Honestly, same thought went through my head. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Moobs said:

This would be a natural

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

There's talk of adding one more game to potentially get us to bowl eligiblity. Yes, things have been rough this season but it's basically a free year, our young guys got a lot of in-game experience, and we have a better idea of our team now for years that do count. I'll take any more games we can get. 

The win requisite has been waived this year.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, El Paso Eagle said:

The only reason I would like to see a Bowl this year would be for the extra practice time.

Honestly, with our defense, I'm not so interested in seeing us play a team where we could easily get 60+ points put on the boards against us. 

Well, I don't know who that would be. UTEP's starting QB was out with the VIRUS, his replacement threw 4 interceptions, ,and they still gained 500 yards. In addition, their entire defensive secondary was out, which aided our cause.

10 hours ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

image.png.0db195e93986cd6fffb14d6cd4e7f6b8.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1