Jump to content
  • Welcome to GoMeanGreen.com!

    Thank you for visiting us!  Registering is easy and free, and provides you with the ability to participate in the discussions along with many cool features and content.

Jaelon Darden watch thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, 97and03 said:

Don’t look at the “best remaining” WR on ESPN. It will enrage you. Has Jalen way low, with even Rico above him. 

You were right, that did enrage me...

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Q giving props    

DRAFTED BY THE SUPER BOWL CHAMPS THE BUCCANEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worthy of a Light The Tower post

Posted Images

6 hours ago, 97and03 said:

Don’t look at the “best remaining” WR on ESPN. It will enrage you. Has Jalen way low, with even Rico above him. 

To my memory, could be wrong, but Kiper has a history of not giving even a wink of his attention to non-P5 players, unless their near-locks for Day 1.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, greenminer said:

To my memory, could be wrong, but Kiper has a history of not giving even a wink of his attention to non-P5 players, unless their near-locks for Day 1.

Most are like that. It seems like more "respect" is given to FBS players over G5. Case in point - the QBs taken 2nd and 3rd yesterday. For Zack Wilson they went on and on about the "cupcake" schedule he played against (ESPN must of been getting paid every time the word "cupcake" was used because it was used so often when talking about Wilson). How the competition was so much lower that P5 QBs. Then for Trey Lane, not that big of a deal was made of the competition level. Focuses how raw and what a ceiling he had after playing in only 17 college games.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Most are like that. It seems like more "respect" is given to FBS players over G5. Case in point - the QBs taken 2nd and 3rd yesterday. For Zack Wilson they went on and on about the "cupcake" schedule he played against (ESPN must of been getting paid every time the word "cupcake" was used because it was used so often when talking about Wilson). How the competition was so much lower that P5 QBs. Then for Trey Lane, not that big of a deal was made of the competition level. Focuses how raw and what a ceiling he had after playing in only 17 college games.

I didn't find anything wrong with the coverage of Trey Lance.  They talked equally about his mystery and upside.  His floor could be really low or it could be really high.

IMO Kiper's role is different than your regular on-camera guys: he's going to like the Trey's of the world.  Not so much Jalen who falls a little further back into the crowd.  At that point, Kiper is probably not going to research JD or make any argument that he should be further up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SigmaGreen said:

I wasn’t able to watch it but if someone has a video of the announcement. Did they happen to show him with his family? 

No they did not. Hopefully someone from Mean Green Nation got a video of him at home. They did show the Buccaneers reaction and they seemed really happy. They were giving each other high fives and big handshakes.

  • Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, SigmaGreen said:

I wasn’t able to watch it but if someone has a video of the announcement. Did they happen to show him with his family? 

No, but they had very nice things to say about him and took the time to run through his highlight reel. Overall very positive, as he deserves

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Venson said:

 

I truly believe JD will quickly learn how to be a "professional" and what a professional work ethic is with Tom Brady. Being selected by this team will give JD a great chance to learn and thrive. 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Venson said:

No they did not. Hopefully someone from Mean Green Nation got a video of him at home. They did show the Buccaneers reaction and they seemed really happy. They were giving each other high fives and big handshakes.

What coverage were you watching of the draft?   ESPN just showed the talking heads discussing something else right through the Buc’s pick.  At least they showed some Darden highlights a bit later.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Please review our full Privacy Policy before using our site.