Jaelon Darden watch thread

greenminer

I wonder if he has any chance at this award? I don’t know if they have a list somewhere...

Looking at who they have recognized I doubt JD has a chance with Buechelle, King, McCormick, and Trask (among others of outstanding players) but would be cool to be a finalist.

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fantastic new article on JD:

“When he walks onto the field, he has the confidence that he’s the best one out there,” Mainord said. “That confidence is built in his work ethic. That’s who he is by nature. It’s well earned.” 

https://www.texasfootball.com/article/2020/12/28/-he-s-playing-for-a-purpose-how-jaelon-darden-built-his-insatiable-work-ethic?ref=article_preview_img

• Upvote 1

Darden makes PFF AA 1st Team

Darden was a big-time explosive and shifty slot weapon for the Mean Green in 2020. He ranked in the top five in the entire FBS in slot receiving grade (87.6), broken tackles after the catch (19), explosive plays of 15-plus yards (18) and yards per route run (3.91).

He didn’t see a huge amount of single coverage, as he predominantly resided in the slot, but we saw a lot of open targets and explosive plays when he did. Over 34% of his targets against single coverage resulted in a 15-plus-yard gain, the ninth-best rate in the entire FBS.

• Upvote 2

On 1/1/2021 at 9:47 PM, peanuts104 said:

If Darden doesn't get drafted I will leave this board forever. I know this will create some internal strife in all of you which is why I said it.

You better hope he doesn't run a 4.6 40 then, a time like that could wipe out his draft stock. He just needs to test well and I believe he is a lock for a day 3 pick.

• Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1