Jaelon Darden watch thread

greenminer

Never thought he would run below 4.4 so 4.47 is fine. A time above 4.55 would have possibly plummeted his stock. His shuttle and 3 cone times are elite, that's where he wins. 

Pretty awesome that between this and the EXOS pro day here last month we've had a huge number of scouts, top NFL prospects and personnel at the IPF. Surely that helps a little in terms of pro consideration for the future. What matters most is the impression he made on the scouts, what they report back will determine if he goes day 2 or 3.

Edited by ntmeangreen11
  • Upvote 1

North Texas’s Jaelon Darden is an intriguing slot option. He certainly qualifies as one of the more “fun” players in this draft class. If you were wondering how confident Darden is, he said, “making someone miss is like waking up in the morning and brushing my teeth.”

Darden measured in at 5’7” and weighed 174 pounds. Size could be a concern, but Darden’s agility will be difficult for any wideout to top:

THURSDAY PRO UPDATES

JAELON DARDEN: Seeing my mom not being able to pay the light bills and things of that nature, having to swap homes, stay with my grandma. It was a lot going on with that, so that's what pushed me to be honest. A lot of people don't know that, but that's my chip on my shoulder as well.

Jaelon Darden Could Be First Mean Green Player Picked In NFL Draft Since 2004

• Upvote 1

On 3/25/2021 at 2:29 PM, MeanGreenTexan said:

People were jaw-dropping at Rondale Moore’s #s, and outside of the vertical jump, their numbers are extremely similar (Moore milliseconds ahead on some & Darden milliseconds ahead on others).

Good stuff.  As someone who doesn't really follow the draft, it dawned on me that these workouts are probably very important to Darden's draft potential.  Much more than the SEC guys.  I'm thinking, if they are dwelling a lot on the CUSA-level of competition, they are going to look for everything they can find to justify his production, or prove it was an illusion.

Guys who produce at the top level of NCAA competition and get de facto-placed at the top of these mock drafts, these workouts probably don't have a ton of value to them.  At least, not as much.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Darden has an over/under of 169.5 at Circa, which (I believe) is the only book to post a prop for him.

Darden is not on my top 100 big board, but I have him ranked No. 139, so I have bet the under.

read more:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.actionnetwork.com/fantasy-football/jaelon-darden-2021-nfl-draft-profile-dynasty-fantasy-analysis-props-to-bet%3famp=1

• Upvote 1

5th Round (Pick No. 155 from Jets via Giants)

Jaelon Darden, Wide Receiver, North Texas

Darden’s combination of speed, quickness and elusiveness may be unmatched in this draft. He’s small at 5’9, 170 pounds but he’s a game-changer for sure

read more:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.12news.com/amp/article/sports/nfl/cardinals/bruce-coopers-arizona-cardinals-mock-draft-2021/75-87d41980-99c2-4481-9c09-79b787aa506c

• Upvote 1

Jaelon Darden, WR, North Texas

“Making someone miss is like waking up in the morning and brushing my teeth, I gotta do it every day.” After reading that quote, if you aren’t sold on Jaelon Darden then I can’t help you. His size may be a concern to some at only 5-7, 170lbs, but if you watch him play football you don’t even notice his size. In his four years at North Texas, Darden compiled 230 receptions for 2,782 yards with 38 touchdowns. His senior year alone he had 19 touchdowns in only nine games and 1,190 yards, averaging 16.1 yards per reception. Darden was selected the 2020 CUSA Most Valuable Player, leading the Conference USA in receiving touchdowns in both 2019 and 2020. What’s more, Darden has plenty of experience as a punt returner, scoring a touchdown on a return his freshman year. He could be an ideal gadget piece for Matt LaFleur’s offense in that “Tyler Ervin” role, and he’d make an immediate impact on special teams for new coordinator Maurice Drayton. 

read more: https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/five-players-for-the-packers-in-the-2021-nfl-draft-part-v-102

• Upvote 1

via @meangreen11

2 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

5th Round (Pick No. 155 from Jets via Giants)

Jaelon Darden, Wide Receiver, North Texas

Darden’s combination of speed, quickness and elusiveness may be unmatched in this draft. He’s small at 5’9, 170 pounds but he’s a game-changer for sure

read more:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.12news.com/amp/article/sports/nfl/cardinals/bruce-coopers-arizona-cardinals-mock-draft-2021/75-87d41980-99c2-4481-9c09-79b787aa506c

7 minutes ago, meangreen11 said:

Darden has an over/under of 169.5 at Circa, which (I believe) is the only book to post a prop for him.

Darden is not on my top 100 big board, but I have him ranked No. 139, so I have bet the under.

read more:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.actionnetwork.com/fantasy-football/jaelon-darden-2021-nfl-draft-profile-dynasty-fantasy-analysis-props-to-bet%3famp=1

• Thanks 2

Steelers Mock Draft: The Final Product

Lastly, the Steelers add a special teams presence in the form of speedy receiver Jaelon Darden, who could find a potential role as a slot receiver who can stretch the field. 

link:  https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/steelers/.amp/gm-report/pittsburgh-steelers-mock-draft-final-product

• Upvote 2

On 4/28/2021 at 11:35 PM, greenminer said:

Don’t look at the “best remaining” WR on ESPN. It will enrage you. Has Jalen way low, with even Rico above him.