Jaelon Darden watch thread

greenminer

Unless you've been living under a rock, you probably know Darden is on an absolute tear.  I thought it'd be useful to have a dedicated thread for anything and everything Darden, with emphasis on his NFL draft stock/predictions.

ESPN BIO

"Jaelon Darden" Google News search

"Jaelon Darden" Twitter search

Jaelon Darden Scouting Report | 2021 NFL Draft | North Texas WR (NFL Draft Diamonds)

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 1

❇️ Ron Shanklin is smiling from Heaven, Jaelon Darden! 😊

Like many of you,  ex Mean Green great Ron Shanklin I counted as a friend.  He recruited Ft. Worth for HFC Corky Nelson & would stop my office off Montgomery St. on occasion then we’d go get some Mexican food for lunch.  (Usually Dos Gringos).

1959 *Time Magazine All America, UNT & KC Chiefs Hall of Famer one Abner Haynes was with Ron on one of those visits & you talk about your basic Mean Green memorable happy moment for this guy! 🤠
Ron described to me in detail the first time we should have beaten the Arkansas Razorbacks with the SWC official’s terrifically bad call in 1968–the year before the Hogs would play UT for   the National Championship. (Yes, UNT was playing at that level alright). 

* Time Magazine’s All American team was “the All America team” in the 1950’s.

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 5

The top WR's in the NFL this year have come from places like West Alabama, Fresno St, Temple, W.  Mich, E. Wash, MN St - Mankato, Toledo, Co St and FIU.  The NFL just wants players that can produce.  Competition isn't the issue, but they will make one out of his size.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Eye Roll 1

YAHOO SPORTS

Keep an eye on Darden, though. He profiles similarly to the Chicago Bears 2020 fifth-rounder Darnell Mooney, who is seventh among rookies in receiving yards this season. Darden’s quality hands, excellent quickness and gear-changing ability make him an intriguing slot option.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3