UTEP GAME THREAD

El Paso Eagle

2 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

Got to be the most unimpressive win I have ever seen.

Too horrible teams, and based on this game I think UTEP is better.  Playing with a what fourth string QB and NT still can't stop them.  

Darden was worth the view, but this NT team better get a lot better next year. 

Blah Blah Blah Reaction GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 3

Aune could at least be a decent backup. You’re capable of running your full offense with him, the question is just how effective will he be. First time since SMU that he really a solid rushing attack and it looked good. Hopefully Ogunmakin is either far improved or we get in a position where we don’t have to rely on him as much with other guys coming in, some younger guys getting better (Detraveon Brown), plus Shorter back.

Defensively, it’s on Littrell to make the right call. Does Bowen deserve a chance to get a full offseason and spring, or do we just need to go a different direction? Is COVID really a legitimate excuse (probably)? Littrell needs to feel the heat to make the right call. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, p_phelps said:

We having transfers or a new dc? He seems to be in the coaches club

Jordan Rucker was ahead of him before he opted out, Upton Stout was ahead of him when healthy, Gaddie was pushed to safety but is probably back at CB with full health, and we’re getting this guy transferring in 

https://247sports.com/player/logan-wilson-46040840/

But I agree with you. He’s right there with some of the other guys who seem to never get pulled.

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 1

4 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Jordan Rucker was ahead of him before he opted out, Upton Stout was ahead of him when healthy, Gaddie was pushed to safety but is probably back at CB with full health, and we’re getting this guy transferring in 

https://247sports.com/player/logan-wilson-46040840/

But I agree with you. He’s right there with some of the other guys who seem to never get pulled.

I like the other guys a lot.. Gaddis and stout in particular.  This season especially should have been about getting guys ready for next year and it seemed like dude was married to his guys. The Murphy twins should have seen the field sooner. Where the hell has Taylor at Lb been (#14). I hated the hiring of the dc from the start... and historically bad defense doesn't add any confidence.  Bowden needs to go or SL should put his job on it next season 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

37 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Aune could at least be a decent backup. You’re capable of running your full offense with him, the question is just how effective will he be. First time since SMU that he really a solid rushing attack and it looked good. Hopefully Ogunmakin is either far improved or we get in a position where we don’t have to rely on him as much with other guys coming in, some younger guys getting better (Detraveon Brown), plus Shorter back.

Defensively, it’s on Littrell to make the right call. Does Bowen deserve a chance to get a full offseason and spring, or do we just need to go a different direction? Is COVID really a legitimate excuse (probably)? Littrell needs to feel the heat to make the right call. 

IMO, Aune could be the current version of Quinn S.
Do I want him to be the starter - NO
Do I feel there is no hope if he has to play - NO

• Upvote 2

Hopefully we have someone that can step up next year. I agree Aune could be a great backup player, especially with the experience he had this year. Maybe try Bean at WR or kickoff return and use his speed another way. I just don’t see him as a leader OMHO. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

So since UTEP was being considered for a bowl, and we beat them, do we get considered?

Also, man I love Darden. I remember his first great game against UTEP on homecoming in 2017. The start of something great. Now let’s break that draft streak!