#11 WVU (12/11/2020)

greenminer

4 minutes ago, MeanGreenHoops said:

Overall much improved. At least it didn't take until the 2nd half to start fighting like it did in the last few games.

Players helping us on the court:
Hamlet
Jones
Lewis
Bell (if he plays within himself)
Ousmane
Murray (if he doesn't shoot)

Players who aren't:
Reese
McBride
Simmons

Completely agree

• Upvote 1
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 1

Definitely a frustrating loss, but we finally saw Hamlet break out of the early season shell. The older guys MUST contribute if we want to win conference. 
Love the intensity by Bell, and I thought Zach overall was a disappointment today but definitely not his worst. WVU is a very long and athletic team.

It’s clear we can play defense at an elite level, but rebounding has always been something I worry about. 
Luckily we have 2 clean up games before the final big test (maybe) in LSU!

Love this team, love the effort, love what they did after not even knowing about the game until yesterday, and can’t wait for conference! GMG

This game was closer than the final score, not bad for playing away at the number 11 team in the country.

Hamlet finally looked like last years version of himself.

First game that Simmons was outplayed down low.   Another game that will toughen this team up for conference.  

I wish NT could play some of these type teams on a neutral site with unbiased refereeing. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, GrandGreen said:

This game was closer than the final score, not bad for playing away at the number 11 team in the country.

Hamlet finally looked like last years version of himself.

First game that Simmons was outplayed down low.   Another game that will toughen this team up for conference.  

I wish NT could play some of these type teams on a neutral site with unbiased refereeing. 

The referees didn’t cause us to shoot 20% from 3. 

• Upvote 2

So first half against this team was great. I feel like that's the team we want to see.

The announcers said we started 1-3 last year and look how that ended. I aplaude Grant and the administration for getting this game done. It will only help us going into conference play. 

Overall, it sucks to lose, but the guys played fairly well against #11 in the country!