#11 WVU (12/11/2020)

greenminer

Even though I think this will be a rough watch, I still love that we put this together.

WVU RPI Rank: 5
UNT RPI Rank: 182
ESPN Game Page
Official WVU BBall site
Twitter @WVUHoops

WVU Last Game: No. 11 West Virginia Uses Strong Second Half Run to Top Georgetown (80-71)
UNT Last Game: 
Comeback Falls Short At Mississippi State (69-63)

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, CMJ said:

Honestly, I'll be happy if we just don't get blown out.  WVU has Final Four potential.

I agree. WVU is easily the best team we will play this year. And they get away with tons of fouls with their Press Virginia attack. The refs, especially at their place, just don't call all of the slaps and body checks they pound you with. And they always have strong and physical teams that rebound very well.

• Upvote 1

You know, if you put any stock into ESPN's power index, which gives North Texas a roughly 20% chance to win each of its 4 road games against power conference opponents, then you'd think there'd be a decent shot of winning one of them.  But, yeah, Mississippi State was probably the best opportunity, and WVU will be the toughest.

• Upvote 2