Bryan Harsin wants out and I want in ...

greenb.o.g.

5 minutes ago, jtm0097 said:

I doubt the mountain west wants a bottom feeder CUSA West school.

We bring alot more to the table than football...for MWC it would be access to the DFW METROPLEX.

I think BSU was just PO'ed that MWC conference didn't want to play FB and they would lose that money..

Edited by RBP79
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1

3 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

OMG--newspaper deadlines and stuff...

CUSA offers F_Us, Old Dominion, Charlotte, and the UT-satellite schools!! And don't forget Judy--we are so progressive!!

Who would ever want to play in a conference that has a tie-in with CBS for games being broadcast in the future with teams that have made it in the G5 slot in the big bowl games? And that basketball schedule full of spares like SDSU, Nevada, UNLV, UNM, and Utah State? I mean, here in CUSA, we get WKU and...well, never mind.  We would probably just dominate it anyway.

Hell no to the MWC!! We need to keep close games to drive to because we bring hundreds of fans to Houston, San Antonio, and Ruston!! And Facebook is the way I prefer to watch my football games, no doubt!!

Did I do it right, @MeanGreenTexan?

You forgot to ask the shut-down question: "Don't you remember being in the Big West?!?!?!"    Because everyone knows the MWC is only as good as the Big West.

• Upvote 5
  • RV 1

25 minutes ago, untjim1995 said:

OMG--newspaper deadlines and stuff...

CUSA offers F_Us, Old Dominion, Charlotte, and the UT-satellite schools!! And don't forget Judy--we are so progressive!!

Who would ever want to play in a conference that has a tie-in with CBS for games being broadcast in the future with teams that have made it in the G5 slot in the big bowl games? And that basketball schedule full of spares like SDSU, Nevada, UNLV, UNM, and Utah State? I mean, here in CUSA, we get WKU and...well, never mind.  We would probably just dominate it anyway.

Hell no to the MWC!! We need to keep close games to drive to because we bring hundreds of fans to Houston, San Antonio, and Ruston!! And Facebook is the way I prefer to watch my football games, no doubt!!

Did I do it right, @MeanGreenTexan?

I see what you did there, sir. Well played 😉

I thought Harsin wanted out at Boise as the coach🤣 That would be the best NT hire in a long time.

Now if we’re talking MWC, I’m split. There are many advantages to the MWC in TV deal/exposure, top quality teams, good fan support at most schools.

Downside is the fact we are in Texas, and the closest team is in ABQ. Also it could potentially cost more? Not for sure on that.

TCU did it for 7 years, won 3 MW titles, several big time bowl games, and later got into the B12 and did good.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

Boise State has no place to go, so the coach is just huffing and puffing. I agree with JTM0097. We barely compete in the worst division in the worst conference in college football so regardless of location I fail to see either our attraction or anyone beating down the door to let us in.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, RBP79 said:

We bring alot more to the table than football...for MWC it would be access to the DFW METROPLEX.

I think BSU was just PO'ed that MWC conference didn't want to play FB and they would lose that money..

Yeah and a guaranteed win for other teams in the conference.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 3

We aren't as attractive as other schools. But, maybe we could edge in there.  I would expect UTEP, UTSA, Rice, and La Tech to really push to get in there if there was ever a spot available. It would be a no brainer for us to join if we ever had the chance... Even without BSU.  Though, i would love us to join even with BSU since I live in Boise and I could watch many a UNT game here. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, wardly said:

Boise State has no place to go, so the coach is just huffing and puffing. I agree with JTM0097. We barely compete in the worst division in the worst conference in college football so regardless of location I fail to see either our attraction or anyone beating down the door to let us in.

I believe Mr. Harsin is referring to joining the AAC in football only.

23 minutes ago, greenb.o.g. said:

I believe Mr. Harsin is referring to joining the AAC in football only.

The comment I read didn't mention the AAC, but it could work as they need a " football only " member to offset Wichita. However when a coach goes public with an issue of this nature I expect it is because he has no support from the AD ,President, or Governing Board. I certainly could be wrong. However, For some reason I don't see the MWC replacing Boise with North Texas.

• Downvote 2

5 hours ago, greenjoe said:

Which school is the top draw in the current configuration of the Mountain West ?  I would guess Boise.  Would the MW be as attractive without Boise ?  Maybe so.  But maybe a non-Boise MW would take a step back much like CUSA did when some schools left.  

Going to MW w/o Boise is akin to us moving to CUSA w/o sMUT, houston, etc.

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, wardly said:

The comment I read didn't mention the AAC, but it could work as they need a " football only " member to offset Wichita. However when a coach goes public with an issue of this nature I expect it is because he has no support from the AD ,President, or Governing Board. I certainly could be wrong. However, For some reason I don't see the MWC replacing Boise with North Texas.

Actually, Navy represents the AAC as football only. They need a full member to get back to 12 for both sports after UConn left.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, untjim1995 said:

Actually, Navy represents the AAC as football only. They need a full member to get back to 12 for both sports after UConn left.

Please note my disclaimer: "I certainly could be wrong." I didn't say what about. If they did take Boise for "football only " they should be able to pick up a decent basketball program like Wichita.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

MWC is better than CUSA but its brutal traveling out west. We did it in the Big West days. We would get back at the worst times. Its exhausting but was fun. The bus rides from the airport back to Denton hurt at 4 am. Especially after the towel caper (day games though lol) or terrible beatings.

• Upvote 2