Mississippi State (12/4/20)

CMJ

Just now, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

We are 9 of 36 from 3 these past two games. If can't get the 3 ball to drop, we are in for some long games. Even a slight uptick in 3 shooting percentage could have been the difference in these games. 

Yes hitting threes can equalize games, however this game was lost because it was away, questionable refs and the fact that Miss St is a huge team. 

Their starting lineup gos 6'6 6'3, 6'10, 6'11 and 6'7.

One of those  6'11 Ado is considered a top player in the country.  

Simmons had another great game, outplaying their big guys with a double double. 

If this was a neutral site game I think NT would have won.  It was a disappointing loss, but the team showed a lot.   

• Upvote 3

So overall a disappointing loss on all ends. We MUST hit the open shots, get stops on the other end after buckets, and stop with the silly mistakes . Also, we got outshot in the paint 44-23.

I understand it’s early and many teams go through early season growing pains, but it’s the small things that are and will hurt us.

Also, a lot of no calls when we would drive to the hoop. Very questionable.

We need to execute better against the bigger schools!!

Oh well, I still love this team and I hope they figure their crap out these next 2 games before LSU

Edited by NorthTexasSportsNetwork

10 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Questionable calls be MS St ended up with three more fouls, 21-18, than us. What killed us were the long offensive boards MSU get getting and a tentative first half.   

Just because the total fouls are close, does not mean that the refereeing was not slanted.

Many fans call unfair refereeing when their team loses.  Referees generally call obvious fouls.  

t just seemed to me and I certainly could be wrong that everytime the game got close there was a foul called on the Green of the tic tac kind.   

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 5

17 hours ago, GrandGreen said:

Just because the total fouls are close, does not mean that the refereeing was not slanted.

Many fans call unfair refereeing when their team loses.  Referees generally call obvious fouls.  

t just seemed to me and I certainly could be wrong that everytime the game got close there was a foul called on the Green of the tic tac kind.   

Oh, I agree.  I recorded the game last night and rewatched it this morning.  They called a ton of ticky tac fouls on us that were questionable at best, but we outscored MSU in the second half and played with much more confidence.  McCasland is rolling with a 8-10 player rotation right now and I am excited about this team moving forward.  They have to walk into every game and realize they have the ability to play with and beat anyone on our schedule.

• Upvote 1