***LaTech (un)Official 2020 game thread - Bring your own w(h)ine***

Udomann

2 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Can someone at the game explain why the refs waived off the illegal procedure penalty against La Tech.  Something about the PA?  Did Crouch screw up again?

I was at the game. He said it was because NT played music over the loud speaker while the play was lining up... we have done that before and never had issues. Seems petty to me

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bstnsportsfan3 said:

Per Seth on the post game show, both Adaway and Torrey were hurt early in the game and they only had smith and a 4th string guy who’s name I don’t remember. He said siggers was not available for this game

I saw both freshmen, Ragsdale and Johnson, in late in the game.  I wonder what has happened to Evan Johnson.

This was embarrassing all the way around. 

Poor execution

Poor defense 

Poor offense

Stupid play calling

Down 11 with 4 minutes and you attempt a 54 yard field goal in the cold with a cold kicker. (This one may do it for me in the littrell camp)

Undisciplined and stupid unsportsmanlike penalties

And while we on it, can we please fix the PA system/speakers. It's embarrassing to have static and non working speakers

Need better in game entertainment. These stupid time killers are embarrassing. 

The band. Oh. My. God. So, they can't wear their uniforms when it's too hot. They can't march when it's too hot. Now they can't show up when it's too cold. 

The recorded presentation of the band wearing t shirts and the the colorguard doing a taped performance may be the most embarrassing, laughable thing I've seen from this program in a long time. Does any other self respecting program do that?

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Rudy said:

This was embarrassing all the way around. 

Poor execution

Poor defense 

Poor offense

Stupid play calling

Down 11 with 4 minutes and you attempt a 54 yard field goal in the cold with a cold kicker. (This one may do it for me in the littrell camp)

Undisciplined and stupid unsportsmanlike penalties

And while we on it, can we please fix the PA system/speakers. It's embarrassing to have static and non working speakers

Need better in game entertainment. These stupid time killers are embarrassing. 

The band. Oh. My. God. So, they can't wear their uniforms when it's too hot. They can't march when it's too hot. Now they can't show up when it's too cold. 

The recorded presentation of the band wearing t shirts and the the colorguard doing a taped performance may be the most embarrassing, laughable thing I've seen from this program in a long time. Does any other self respecting program do that?

A few things.

The CUSA said no bands after the official Final week. So it wasn’t because of the cold.

CBSSN has the longest timeouts for some reason, so they can’t fill every second with entertainment.

About every school without bands in attendance had virtual performances/fight songs etc. Hint the first comment.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

I agree, but Torrey is a senior as well. 

Also, what is going on with Siggers?  He has just disappeared this year.

Maybe Torrey is coming back? Smith can’t be considering that since he has been an afterthought since his freshman year. No idea, just a guess. Torrey isn’t getting drafted or picked up as a UDFA by the NFL this year so maybe he is going to put in another year and hope for better conditions next year? 

6 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

A few things.

The CUSA said no bands after the official Final week. So it wasn’t because of the cold.

CBSSN has the longest timeouts for some reason, so they can’t fill every second with entertainment.

About every school without bands in attendance had virtual performances/fight songs etc. Hint the first comment.

If the band wasn't there then fine, don't show some previously taped band rehearsal. 

The tv and tv timeouts had NOTHING to do with the in game "entertainment". It's the same stupid crap every game, regardless of whether or not the game is televised.