***LaTech (un)Official 2020 game thread - Bring your own w(h)ine***

Udomann

22 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Bean played decently but the biggest problem with him at QB is it’s pretty clear Littrell doesn’t trust him. You have to trust your QB to push the ball, not even downfield necessarily but in the intermediate ranges. He just hasn’t been even giving him much of a chance there. 

We’ve got some pretty glaring personnel issues and Littrell needs to feel the heat enough to address them. You don’t trust your QB? Get one you do. Your defense keeps getting shredded and your still playing the same guys all season? Get some upgrades. 

Whether we consider him on the hot seat or not, he has to feel enough pressure to not keep allowing the same mistakes to be made. Everything feels way too status quo and this sure as hell better not be okay as the status quo. Even the coordinator firings didn’t yield any substantial change. 

One of his biggest issues is consistently. What throw does he have that you can count on? I don’t believe there is one.  This helps create doubt in both coaching and the player. We better have a new qb next season or it will be Seth’s last.

• Upvote 3
  • Skeptical Eagle 2
  • Eye Roll 1

So sad.  We had better teams play at Fouts Field.  We once beat a PAC 12 school there matter a fact—even a Big 12 school for that matter.  What the wide world of sports is-a goin’ on?   What’s wrong?  We seem stuck in a NCAA  “under-performing” purgatory. Just turned 70 but I feel 90!  Is 70 the new 90? God I hope not because that means in 10 years I’ll feel 100. 

Seriously, is it time to have a come to Jesus meeting in the Mean Green Village led by  our highest pedigreed leadership? 
 Please do not allow Apogee Stadium to be another Super Pit; that is, with 50 years of mostly frustration & not one trip to the 2’nd round of March Madness. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

So sad.  We had better teams play at Fouts Field.  We once beat a PAC 12 school there matter a fact—even a Big 12 school for that matter.  What the wide world of sports is-a goin’ on?   What’s wrong?  We seem stuck in a NCAA  “under-performing” purgatory. Just turned 70 but I feel 90!  Is 70 the new 90? God I hope not because that means in 10 years I’ll feel 100. 

Seriously, is it time to have a come to Jesus meeting in the Mean Green Village led by  our highest pedigreed leadership? 
 Please do not allow Apogee Stadium to be another Super Pit; that is, with 50 years of mostly frustration & not one trip to the 2’nd round of March Madness. 

^ This.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, emmitt01 said:

Me too, but how would that change ANYTHING about this game?

Would Mason stop the run?

Would he veto piss poor play calling?

Would he throw AND catch the ball...because we have dropped about five crucial passes.

Would he prevent costly penalties? 

Emmitt, I don’t need a lecture tonight.  I’m pissed and in no mood.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Was Novil injured during the game?  Nowhere to be found late.

Loved how Nic Smith played but why were Torrey and Adaway benched?

So tired of looking at our talent on defense wasted on a DC that failed at KU.  It was telling when one of the announcers was talking about the Murphy twins and how Bowen said they were so bad early in the year that he put them on the scout team and they dominated.  Told me he all I needed to know about how he evaluates talent.

Tired of stupid penalties

Tired of poor calls by the refs

Tired us unimaginative play calling.

Littrell get 2021 to fix things and it should go no further than that unless he turns things around.

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

Things that irk me the most about our games....poor tackling, stupid penalties, running on long yardage downs....seems like solving these issues fall under the responsibilities of the coaches and it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

If these don't improve next year, it is time to clean house!  Enough patience from the fandom!

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Was Novil injured during the game?  Nowhere to be found late.

So tired of looking at our talent on defense wasted on a DC that failed at KU.  It was telling when one of the announcers was talking about the Murphy twins and how Bowen said they were so bad early in the year that he put them on the scout team and they dominated.  Told me he all I needed to know about how he evaluates talent.

Tired of stupid penalties

Tired of poor calls by the refs

Tired us unimaginative play calling.

Littrell get 2021 to fix things and it should go no further than that unless he turns things around.

Have to assume Nic Smith getting carries had to do with it being his last game at home? 
I am one arguing that this year doesn’t count in some ways but I am very concerned about this D. So the question is, fire Bowen and start over again or let him move to a more consistent 4-man front (possible given the recruiting at DT) and see what happens? 

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Have to assume Nic Smith getting carries had to do with it being his last game at home? 
I am one arguing that this year doesn’t count in some ways but I am very concerned about this D. So the question is, fire Bowen and start over again or let him move to a more consistent 4-man front (possible given the recruiting at DT) and see what happens? 

I would love to see a 4 man front, but Seth has this weird fascination with trying to put 3 DL against 5 OL and thinking it's gonna work well 

Bowen clearly isn't as aggressive of a blitz caller as Reffett, and that's how you get pressure with this scheme. If you just hang back 5 in coverage every snap you're gonna get torched on the ground

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2

10 hours ago, PlummMeanGreen said:

Didn't Wren form some sort of committee of distinguished graduates to sort through issues like this?

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, UNT Texas Hooligan said:

Didn't Wren form some sort of committee of distinguished graduates to sort through issues like this?

If asked, I wouldn’t want to be part of any committee that would have me on it. Wouldn’t be prudent—not going to do it.  
Distinguished? I still think flatulence in the middle of a 7 course dinner is funny.  Don’t forget that my generation started SNL in the 70’s. (After Vietnam,  humor was an agent of mental healing). 

gmg. 

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Haha 1

I've been here before. That feeling of "why". I've been condition to accept this.

LEADERSHIP........take responsibility for this cluster fu_k. Seth gets a pass for the COVID year but I have lost all confidence in his ability as a HC. Yet we shall see him next year.....hope he finds direction. Wren got screwed on this "Million" coach...rookie mistake.

2 hours ago, 97and03 said:

I agree, but Torrey is a senior as well. 

Also, what is going on with Siggers?  He has just disappeared this year.

12 minutes ago, DeepGreen said:

And why are we not throwing more to Jason Pirtle?  Was Mason Fine's "go-to" guy on many occasions, and seems to catch everything thrown his way.  Does Littrell not like to use tight ends any longer?

I agree.  If you are referencing last night, Pirtle got hung out to dry and hurt his left shoulder.

Roberts, the freshmen TE, has looked good and I would have loved to see him rumble after catching that ball last night.  Unfortunately, the referee made a good play on him.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Per Seth on the post game show, both Adaway and Torrey were hurt early in the game and they only had smith and a 4th string guy who’s name I don’t remember. He said siggers was not available for this game

Edited by bstnsportsfan3