Kade Renfro Transferring

StealthEagle84

16 hours ago, akriesman said:

This is one of those situations where I wonder if mommy and daddy are controlling his decisions.    It wouldn't be the first time that a players parents have ruined their son's careers by overvaluing their son's talents (sans hard work).   Good luck though kid.

When he committed, him and family were very excited about playing close to home. I had a chance to meet him and his mother and they had seemed very excited with the opportunity. I was shocked with the de commitment. Good luck young man.

On 1/16/2021 at 2:05 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

Think this one is a little different. This seems to be a young man who honestly believes he is too good for anything below P5. Maybe he turns it around at Ark. However, not going to be surprised if he transfers another time or two.

I knew he wasn't going to stay committed to us when he kept popping up at all these camps around the country and saying how he was happy to be there and this school offered him. He definitely thinks he is better than G5. Nothing wrong with believing in yourself, but if you think you are better than G5, then don't commit and then back out last minute. I would not want him here even if he asked. My opinion is good riddance. I don't want someone who only comes to me after everyone else has turned him down. I am not your rebound.

• Upvote 5

• 2 years later...

I was just thinking about Renfro today and remembering that whole debacle. I couldn't remember his name so I had to do some Googling to see whatever happened to him. From what I can see, 3 years in, he has still not played one down of college football. Perhaps the grass isn't always greener....

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, TexHammer1983 said:

I was just thinking about Renfro today and remembering that whole debacle. I couldn't remember his name so I had to do some Googling to see whatever happened to him. From what I can see, 3 years in, he has still not played one down of college football. Perhaps the grass isn't always greener....

Sadly, for some, appearances might be more important than playing. As I recall, I believe he was fascinated with the idea of being on a "P5" team more than the playing time he might get. 

• Thanks 1