Kade Renfro Transferring

StealthEagle84

I'll take his talent if he wants to shop it here but I doubt it. I still think we have our future QB on the roster. I do think something people are overlooking is we don't have an *actual* qb coach. Shanbour is awesome as a GA and I know he helps that group, but I don't know if he has the technical knowledge to guide our QBs on why they keep overthrowing wide open receivers. And we know fullback SL certainly doesn't know the nuance of throwing the football with the precision his offensive scheme requires.

TLDR

We need a QB coach. To be clear, I'm glad we fired the last one, but not filling the position has been a big mistake.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3

59 minutes ago, peanuts104 said:

I'll take his talent if he wants to shop it here but I doubt it. I still think we have our future QB on the roster. I do think something people are overlooking is we don't have an *actual* qb coach. Shanbour is awesome as a GA and I know he helps that group, but I don't know if he has the technical knowledge to guide our QBs on why they keep overthrowing wide open receivers. And we know fullback SL certainly doesn't know the nuance of throwing the football with the precision his offensive scheme requires.

TLDR

We need a QB coach. To be clear, I'm glad we fired the last one, but not filling the position has been a big mistake.

Perhaps a playing calling OC/QB coach

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Rudy said:

Oh, so I guess that P5 grass wasn't necessarily greener......

He was committed to Kendal Briles at FSU until Kendal was let go. That is when he flipped to Ole Miss. We may have given away his scholly when he flipped to FSU and didn’t have it available anymore when Kendal got canned.

6 hours ago, Withers940 said:

I predict Arkansas.......Baby Briles with the Stephenville connection 

Wish this Kid all the best where ever he lands.

I 100% agree with your assessment.

6 hours ago, greenjoe said:

After reading the article, North Texas is not even mentioned, although Florida State is.  I recall the noise when he "committed" to NT and the same when he backed out of that and agreed to attend Ole Miss.  

I wonder if this kid holds a garage sale each spring to get rid of college shirts and ball caps where he no longer attends ?

GO MEAN GREEN

He decommitted from UNT to join Kendal Briles at FSU. When Kendal was not retained at FSU, he went to his next p5 option. Kendall did not have a job for early signing day so Kade couldn’t follow him anywhere. Now he can.

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1
  • RV 1

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

Reportedly walking on at Arkansas.  Sorry but this young man is either getting terrible advice or is just a mess.

Kid went from multiple scholarship offers to walking on at a bottom tier SEC football program. Delusions of grandeur not matching the talent? 

Following in Cade Pearson’s footsteps.

Also, it’s funny how when kids commit to P5s over us we have people saying things along the lines of “good luck riding the bench,” and when our bench guys transfer we have people saying “what’s wrong with being a backup?” Different folks prioritize different things in their decisions. It is head scratching though.

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

32 minutes ago, BillySee58 said:

Following in Cade Pearson’s footsteps.

Also, it’s funny how when kids commit to P5s over us we have people saying things along the lines of “good luck riding the bench,” and when our bench guys transfer we have people saying “what’s wrong with being a backup?” Different folks prioritize different things in their decisions. It is head scratching though.

Think this one is a little different. This seems to be a young man who honestly believes he is too good for anything below P5. Maybe he turns it around at Ark. However, not going to be surprised if he transfers another time or two.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, El Paso Eagle said:

Think this one is a little different. This seems to be a young man who honestly believes he is too good for anything below P5. Maybe he turns it around at Ark. However, not going to be surprised if he transfers another time or two.

Exactly! 

4 minutes ago, Wag Tag said:

Why would he take a walk on at Arkansas or any school! I would think he could get a full ride at a G5? 

Apparently not.  The fact that Ole Miss moved him as quick as they did from QB to WR has to be concerning.

He might be a long shot, but I'm cheering for Cade Pearson on that roster.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

He left UNT because of Reeder, didn’t take the other G5 offers and wanted to play SEC ball, failed by a lot and ran away from competition, and now is a walk-on. Must suck

This is one of those situations where I wonder if mommy and daddy are controlling his decisions.    It wouldn't be the first time that a players parents have ruined their son's careers by overvaluing their son's talents (sans hard work).   Good luck though kid.

Edited by akriesman
  • Upvote 5