TAKE OFF THE GREEN COLORED GLASSES.

Milo

1 hour ago, Tom McKrackin said:

Well stated.  Agree with you 100% @Milo

How will we get better when you have people like @PlummMeanGreenstating the best we will ever be is CUSA West.  We must set our sights higher.

Well, since we joined CUSA we have not exactly blown the socks off of the WEST Division. I agree we must set our sights higher. Goals must be realistic and obtainable mixed in with a little pie in the sky, and must be in writing. Does anyone know the specific stated goals for our football program? 

19 minutes ago, wardly said:

Well, since we joined CUSA we have not exactly blown the socks off of the WEST Division. I agree we must set our sights higher. Goals must be realistic and obtainable mixed in with a little pie in the sky, and must be in writing. Does anyone know the specific stated goals for our football program? 

Tee it high and let it fly? 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

How will we get better when you have people like @PlummMeanGreenstating the best we will ever be is CUSA West.  We must set our sights higher.

Plum is a great fan, but I never knew he had that kind of power over the program. 

Who do you think must set their sights higher?  You think any person in NT's sports hierarchy doesn't want NT to move up the athletic chain?

I doubt there is any G5 fan that doesn't want his team in a P5 conference.  Unless they have a great amount of influence with conference leaders and/or a great amount of money they want to use to further their teams status, their views are not going change much.  

CUSA is not a bad home.  It provides competition with like teams.  For NT to get into a more prestigious conference, NT has to build an athletic program that other leagues want.   Complaining about CUSA, does nothing positive.  

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Tom McKrackin said:

“People like Plummmeangreen?” 🤢

Actually, untjim1995 said that about CUSA West.  He may be right, but I’m sure even he & the rest of us hope that will not always be the case.

➡️ If you use my name please make sure I am the one who made the quote, OK?😊

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

4 hours ago, wardly said:

I believe the statement I have heard most is...."We have to get another week better".

• Haha 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

Preceded by, "At the end of the day..."

Yup.

Missed y'all Saturday. Hope all is well. We won't be there tonight. Had a death in the family and we are heading home. But, Y'all take care and we'll see you next season. Hopefully in our regular seats.

• Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Side Show Joe said:

I believe the statement I have heard most is...."We have to get another week better".

That's not what we need. Is our stated goal to "win a division, win the conference, win a bowl," in a specific time frame ,or  just" have a winning record every few seasons, go to a bowl or two, win a division". Is so, we have done that so we have no reason to complain about our performance in football.

The stated goals for this year are a bust for NT. I'm sure next year they will be the same....Division= Conference= Bowl.

IMO...for Seth next year it's time for him to show us he was worth the money. I don't know if we can even buy him out next year if he only wins 4 or 5 games.