Uniforms for LaTech game

97and03

2 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Why can’t be go back to the normal jerseys? These are just so dull looking and they are representing the name of NTSU. They’re good on occasion, but please I hope that we go back to normal next year.

I've looked all over these jerseys and can't find a "NTSU" anywhere

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

5 hours ago, emmitt01 said:

I mean they are coined “Joe Greene throwbacks” and have the interlocking NT logo. People already call us NTU and NTSU, and wearing these makes it worse for new people.

I’m just tired of seeing these. I miss the creativity! I know the budget is probably lower, but Mike and his crew have been phenomenal 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Why can’t be go back to the normal jerseys?

I’d say these are the “normal” jerseys in the sense of having a “home” uniform and an “away” uniform.  I like the uniforms, but I’d prefer the SOW or the wing on the helmet.  Not griping, just nitpicking.

The way the last two seasons have gone, I’m jumping on the “I don’t care what we wear as long as we win” bandwagon.

Edited by NT93
  • Upvote 3
  • Lovely Take 1

11 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I mean they are coined “Joe Greene throwbacks” and have the interlocking NT logo. People already call us NTU and NTSU, and wearing these makes it worse for new people.

I’m just tired of seeing these. I miss the creativity! I know the budget is probably lower, but Mike and his crew have been phenomenal 

The Joe Greene era was when we called ourselves (reluctantly) NTSU. Our last year of being NTSC would be 1960.

• Downvote 1

I remember reading a few years ago that UNT wants the diving eagle to be our logo. That UNT wants that logo to instantly be associated by anyone that sees it to think of the university. 
So why do we keep using that boring logo and jersey? 
Once every couple of years, okay.

We need all the recruiting help we can get. Please use the modern jerseys and helmets. Kids/players do care what they look like in them.

Honoring the past doesn’t mean you have to dress like them.

Just my 2 cents...

• Upvote 4
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

13 minutes ago, Hookset said:

I remember reading a few years ago that UNT wants the diving eagle to be our logo. That UNT wants that logo to instantly be associated by anyone that sees it to think of the university. 
So why do we keep using that boring logo and jersey? 
Once every couple of years, okay.

We need all the recruiting help we can get. Please use the modern jerseys and helmets. Kids/players do care what they look like in them.

Honoring the past doesn’t mean you have to dress like them.

Just my 2 cents...

Preaching to the choir bro. Well a very small choir 

• Upvote 1
  • Lovely Take 2
  • Downvote 2

On 12/2/2020 at 6:15 PM, emmitt01 said:

They’ve had North Texas State Football on the Instagram all year. What he’s saying is people actually think that’s the name of the university and this doesn’t help with branding just further confuses people. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1

12 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

They’ve had North Texas State Football on the Instagram all year. What he’s saying is people actually think that’s the name of the university and this doesn’t help with branding just further confuses people. 

And a swooping eagle does?  

Look, I get it.  Some dislike the interlocked NT on the helmet.  But our inability to get people to know our correct name is not about a helmet.  

It’s about the fact that we HAVE had 10+ iterations of our university name.  

It’s about, aside from our loyal fanbase, there is not one reason for people nationally to know our name.  No sustained football success.  No perennial NCAA tournament bids.  Jazz music and where to study it just aren’t tip of your tongue questions.  

NT has been an abbreviation, in fact the ONLY abbreviation, that accurately reflects our university’s shortened name for all of our history.  UNT does not.  NTSU does not.  And no logo (save NT in some form) does either.  

Again, this isn’t a “vote” for the throwback helmets...but they are not the issue

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 1

Sure, I guess synchronized branding isn’t a thing at North Texas. In the end I want what everyone else wants, a reason for people to care and that comes with winning. All successful programs are associated with one symbol and if the university says we are going to use the SOW then stick to it. If we want the acronym to be UNT then stick to it. Consistency is key, but again North Texas has always lacked in that department.  

Edited by Salsa_Verde
  • Lovely Take 1