Depth @ WR

UNTLifer

Quick question/thought when considering this is basically a free year in terms of eligibility.  We have 15 WR's on the roster, 17 is you include Lyles and Lee that are listed at TE but are undersized for that position.  I will exclude them from this, so looking at the depth we have the following:

Sr: Darden and Hair Griffen

Jr: White and Edwards

So: Simpson, Shorter, Ogunmakin, Burns, Langston, Mayfield and Chapple

Fr: Brown, Jackson, Ward and Greene

Commits: McMillen

Since this is a free year, why have we not seen the highly ranked Brown in the mix along with Jackson.  I would add Ward, but he is coming off an ACL so I am not sure where he is in the rehab process.

• Upvote 1

I doubt we see Hair Griffin return, so that would leave us with 2 seniors next year that have had some success (mainly White) 

I’m interested to see who breaks out though. I was hoping Simpson would have another good year, but very underperforming.

16 minutes ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

I doubt we see Hair Griffin return, so that would leave us with 2 seniors next year that have had some success (mainly White) 

I’m interested to see who breaks out though. I was hoping Simpson would have another good year, but very underperforming.

Simpson was looking good when we were throwing the football but when Bean was in, it was mainly running the football which took him out of the game plan. He was also injured/COVID for a couple weeks as well.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Who are our two seniors that have had some success?  I don't remember Edwards even playing.

As @Withers940stated, Simpson has looked good when we are throwing the ball, but Bean tends to look for Darden or Orgunmakin.

• Upvote 2

My guess on Brown is he just hasn’t been ready, because Loronzo Thompson saw time as a true freshman this year, before moving back to DB for a second time this season.

Assuming Darden is gone, I want to see us add a P5 transfer at receiver. We have some talent that the coaches don’t seem to trust so I hope we can add someone they do trust/feel the propensity to play instead of just sticking them in line behind the older players.