DRC: UNT loses elite recruit to TCU

Brett Vito

They should stop calling it committing and say, “At this point in the process, I pick University A and plan on signing there but I am also keeping my options open. Don’t tell people you are 10000% committed when you really aren’t. 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

13 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

They should stop calling it committing and say, “At this point in the process, I pick University A and plan on signing there but I am also keeping my options open. Don’t tell people you are 10000% committed when you really aren’t. 

Yep I completely agree. I know @KRAM1 goes on about that every time on Twitter, and it’s getting to a point where the kids see a P5 offer and jump ship before anything else rolls in.

Sad to see, but it’s reality. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

1 hour ago, ChiefTenBeers2015 said:

Academically, athletically - if I had a choice I’m pretty sure I’d choose TCU over UNT.  

Why because it cost more or you get to rub elbows with higher class students?

There is no real way to rank schools.  There just is no data that really translates to the quality of the education you receive.  

As far as athletics, there are all kind of rankings and NT football is not faring well.  It is all about recruiting and the biggest factor in recruiting is the conference affiliation. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UNTLifer said:

The whole point of committing is securing a spot in the class. Most classes are pretty close to full by the end of the summer, especially at certain position groups. If a recruit doesn’t commit by then, they will head into the season with most of their offers already expired. If they say they are keeping their options open, majority of coaches are going to keep recruiting at their position and will fill their spot, so being a “soft verbal” doesn’t have any benefit to the recruit.

No one bats an eye when we don’t accept a commitment because we are full at a position. It’s part of the recruiting game. But so is committing and holding your spot in a class so you don’t get left with a bunch of dried up offers at the end. 

• Upvote 6