Is it just me or do we seem to choke a lot?

Tom McKrackin

I guess I'm a little confused.  All week I've heard that UTSA is not our rival, it's not really a big game, yada, yada, yada.  But when we lose, NOW it's a big game, now it's Seth can never win big ones, yada, yada, yada.  It's in basically every thread.  Can we at least be consistent about this?  Maybe do a poll to determine once and forever more if UTSA is our rival?  Otherwise, nothing says inconsistency more than a GMG football forum.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

33 minutes ago, vpackrats said:

I guess I'm a little confused.  All week I've heard that UTSA is not our rival, it's not really a big game, yada, yada, yada.  But when we lose, NOW it's a big game, now it's Seth can never win big ones, yada, yada, yada.  It's in basically every thread.  Can we at least be consistent about this?  Maybe do a poll to determine once and forever more if UTSA is our rival?  Otherwise, nothing says inconsistency more than a GMG football forum.

To me, smut and nutsac are our biggest rivals, but for different reasons. Smut, because they have always lobbied against us, and nutsac because, well, they're nutsac! A school with no history, yet they're in cusa with us after we scratched and crawled our way in after smut and others of note, left. They've never paid their dues.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, vpackrats said:

I don't consider UTSA our rival as long as we have La Tech in the conference. Yesterday was an important game regarding our standing in the conference. But that is (IMHO) different than it being a big rivalry game.

So, even with Mason Fine being the starter, our overall record regarding "important" or "big" games is abysmal. 

List of big games under SL

2016, Our best showing in a bowl game under SL. We lost to Army (in overtime) 38-31.

2017,  Two games against FAU, lost by a total of 110-48. Went to bowl game vs Troy.....lost 50-30. We barely won against UAB, UTSA, and La Tech. We had to pull out a win in the last seconds in each of those games.

2018, Lost to LaTech, UAB, and Old Dominion. Went to NM bowl and lost 52-13

2019, only won four games and one of them was against Abilene Christian. AND we should have all paid attention to Abilene scoring 31 points on us. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

The pure ignorance by some on here is beyond insane. We NEED a rival like uTsA. We clearly can’t hang it with SMU but once every few years.

Our games with utsa are almost always close, and it’s an even series. The players both hate each other, and it’s time to realize that we HAVE to accept them.

And for La Tech, we have beaten them twice in 7 years. That isn’t a rival.
Y’all are so difficult to talk to sometimes. Jeez

• Upvote 6
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Eye Roll 1