"well, we got out coached"

"our players didn't make plays..."

Anything else, Sherlock?

"at the end of the day, you have to go home and eat a tv dinner after a loss"

Edited by Big Z
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, southsideguy said:

no way we play UTEP this season, El Paso is in bad shape.

I think the game is scheduled at a Midland high school. Based on what I saw of us today, that is where we should be playing. Certainly, that is where Littrell should be coaching.

• Haha 1
  • Eye Roll 2

13 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

I think the game is scheduled at a Midland high school. Based on what I saw of us today, that is where we should be playing. Certainly, that is where Littrell should be coaching.

Based on what I witnessed yesterday we should be playing Midland High School.  And being at home, Midland might be favored over UNT.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SilverEagle said:

I basically said this on another thread.

Which QB had plenty of time to find their receiver and then throw, and who had to run for their life a lot.

Which RB had gaping holes to run through, and which ones didn't?

But they were nominated for the Hornung Award.  Looks like they spent too much time reaidng the headlines.

• Upvote 2

How many 50+ yards & untouched "up the gut" running plays did UTSA pull off against UNT yesterday ? Seems like 3 or 4.

And UTSA has had a football program for 10 years versus UNT's 103 yrs. 

UNT has to take this football program to the next level. If there wasn't an emergency meeting scheduled for today by Baker, there should be. The lack of urgency at UNT & the acceptance with losing and being among the very worst in the country is astounding.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 2

7 minutes ago, GreenEggs&Ham™ said:

How many 50+ yards & untouched "up the gut" running plays did UTSA pull off against UNT yesterday ? Seems like 3 or 4.

UNT has to take this football program to the next level. If there wasn't an emergency meeting scheduled for today by Baker, there should be. The lack of urgency at UNT & the acceptance with losing and being among the very worst in the country is astounding.

More like 6-7. Harris had at least 3, McCormick had 2-3, and long passes like 2.

23 hours ago, GreenEggs&Ham™ said:

First off, I agree with you.

Secondly, in 103 years of football here at UNT, have we ever taken winning seriously? The answer is fairly obvious. We have made strides recently, though. And keeping SL beyond next season will be very telling. His base salary is $1.35 million and he is owed thru 2023. So, as of right now, we owe him over $4 million. Obviously, we can't and won't buy him out after this year. Would we buy him out if we owe him $2.7 million after 2021's season IF it continues to show the same trajectory and we win less than 6 games? I'd like to think so, but that is by no means a sure thing. We paid McCarney over $2 million to go away, so there is precedent. If we follow that same rule, then SL will be done after a losing 2021 campaign. But I could see a cash-strapped AD and university sticking with him to make a buyout for him be just one year of salary, meaning he could get to coach here in 2022 if he were to win between 3-6 games, too. Not saying that is what I want to happen--I'd like to see him fix this thing next year and get us back to winning 7+ games again and keep the continuity going--that is in the university's best interest all the way around. 

All I know is that SL owes Graham Harrell and Mason Fine A LOT of gratitude...they made him quite a bit of cash. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 1