Fire Bowen now.

5 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

He should be the one developing and getting the players better. He has proved to be about worse than Ref

Under his first year here? After not having spring ball? Our defense is a patchwork of our last system (and players) and his system. There were glaring deficiencies which has me worried, but Ref would have f'd it up too.

Edit:

Already got an eyeroll. If you can honestly tell me Ref's defenses were better than this (with much more preparation than this defense got considering the loss of spring ball) you really need to go watch film of the past two year.

Edited by peanuts104
  • Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 3

3 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

Technically, UTSA doesn't have a DC right now. Nix is on suspension while the university investigates him. So, Bowen's defense got upstaged by a team with no defensive leadership. And, Littrell couldn't play call or coach against a defense who's first year DC hasn't even been there for weeks to help his players learn their new system. Let that sink in.

Geez, I forgot about his suspension. 
Even worse what we did today.

• Upvote 2
  • RV 1
  • Downvote 1

I was not a fan of the hire but I don't think a 4th defensive lineman would magically make us better. We almost always have an edge player on the LOS anyways he's just not in a 3 point stance.

I know no one wants to hear this, but almost 2/3rds of the roster is made up of redshirt sophomores or younger. Only 23 scholarships between the junior and senior classes. We should be competing for conference championships next year and beyond, no excuses.

• Upvote 7
  • Skeptical Eagle 1

11 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Absolutely pathetic coach. We really thought a DC from Kansas could develop players when they get 50 points a game hung on them.

Worst damn defense in the nation

D30E397A-D1DB-49C9-AD64-5C307CAF84B8.jpeg

Don’t know why people downvote your or roll their eyes. Wish people would man up and just say what is on their mind. 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 3

What happened to all the comments about the best defense in 15 years, Novil getting drafted, and how much better Bowen is than Reff was?

You guys have been very wishy washy this season. Fire Seth when he is doing bad, don’t fire Seth when he is doing good. He shouldn’t be fired in a Covid season. The defense looked bad, the offense made too many critical mistakes and Aune made it worse because he doesn’t have the game breaking ability of Bean. The LaTech game will be more competitive, you will see. This is very weird season, Covid scratches, we coach disaster, 4 cancelled or postponed games. Chalk this year up to what it is, a miserable, unforgettable, experience that we hope to never repeat.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Ray 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Cr1028 said:

What happened to all the comments about the best defense in 15 years, Novil getting drafted, and how much better Bowen is than Reff was?

You guys have been very wishy washy this season. Fire Seth when he is doing bad, don’t fire Seth when he is doing good. He shouldn’t be fired in a Covid season. The defense looked bad, the offense made too many critical mistakes and Aune made it worse because he doesn’t have the game breaking ability of Bean. The LaTech game will be more competitive, you will see. This is very weird season, Covid scratches, we coach disaster, 4 cancelled or postponed games. Chalk this year up to what it is, a miserable, unforgettable, experience that we hope to never repeat.

Who on earth said this defense was the best in 15 years. Novil is still great no matter what happens, and should get drafted.

Absolutely terrible takes.

So many teams had new coaches and new teams, but found ways to be successful.

Our team is so immature and playing for themselves, not the team. That’s a problem 

• Upvote 2
  • Eye Roll 1

12 hours ago, ntmeangreen11 said:

I was not a fan of the hire but I don't think a 4th defensive lineman would magically make us better. We almost always have an edge player on the LOS anyways he's just not in a 3 point stance.

I know no one wants to hear this, but almost 2/3rds of the roster is made up of redshirt sophomores or younger. Only 23 scholarships between the junior and senior classes. We should be competing for conference championships next year and beyond, no excuses.

You do realize that UTSA is a underclassman heavy team too. In fact, UTSA only started 2 seniors on offense yesterday. On defense, UTSA started 3 sophomores and a freshman.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, NorthTexasSportsNetwork said:

Who on earth said this defense was the best in 15 years. Novil is still great no matter what happens, and should get drafted.

Absolutely terrible takes.

So many teams had new coaches and new teams, but found ways to be successful.

Our team is so immature and playing for themselves, not the team. That’s a problem 

I wish I hadn’t deleted the post now. You are well suited for media work in the present day.

• Upvote 1
  • Skeptical Eagle 1
  • Eye Roll 1

20 minutes ago, Cr1028 said:

No way. This is the only acceptable answer from that staff.

mqdefault.jpg

Not a single coach more overrated or benefiting from revisionist history than Skladany. In 2013 we had a ridiculous amount of talent on the defensive side of the ball only giving up 17.8 points per game ranking 8th in the country. In 2014 when those players graduated we gave up 29.8 points per game in the same scheme under Skladany. 

Decent coach, not a savior of defenses.

• Skeptical Eagle 1

4 hours ago, Side Show Joe said:

You do realize that UTSA is a underclassman heavy team too. In fact, UTSA only started 2 seniors on offense yesterday. On defense, UTSA started 3 sophomores and a freshman.

I'm not going to go through their signing classes and how many scholarship players they have between each class but just glancing at their roster I see a lot more 4th and 5th year guys on scholarship than we have. The fact remains Littrell changed his focus to high school signee heavy classes three years ago and that's where the bulk of the talent is. Whether or not we have the right staff in place to develop them to their ceilings is another question. 

• Upvote 3